Custom Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We will allow these this year.

Rules:

1. They must be realistic

2. You must post EVERY formation on the forum in this thread BEFORE week 1. No adding formations during the season, only plays.

3. If anyone has an issue with someones formations and think it is unrealistic we will decide as a group whether or not it needs to be changed.

4. CUSTOM DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOKS ARE BANNED.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Offense: Wild West
    Formations: I Form: Normal, Slot, Twins, Y-trips ::: Gun: 5WR Flex Trio, Ace, Ace Twins, Ace Twins Wk, Ace Wing Wk, Normal, Normal Flex Wk, Slot F Wing, Split, Spread, Trio Open ::: Strong I: H Pro ::: Weak I: H Pro ::: Goal line

Defense: Hunter
    Formations: 3-4: Odd, Over, Under ::: 4-4 Split ::: Dime: Normal ::: Goal line: 6-3-2 ::: Nickel: Normal, 3-3-5, Quarter: Normal

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I will be running with NC State's Offensive Playbook + Shotgun Tight.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Hurricane

Shotgun: 4WR Trio, 4WR Trio Str, 5WR Trio, Empty Quads, Normal Flex Wing, Slot F Wing, Split Offset, Spread Flex, Trips HB Wk, Wing Offset, Wing Offset Wk, Wing Trips Wk

Pistol: 4WR Trips, Full House(Diamond)

Goalline: Power I Tight

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Here's the website I was telling you guys about: playbooks2012.com

You can show off your custom books or if you want to know about a specific playbook it tells you what's in it.

6. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Unfortunately it looks like he is shutting down that site at the end of the month, people better get in there and get it done if they want to use it.

7. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

When will the playbooks be enabled? It would be nice to practice with my team.

8. Hova

tonight when I get home from work

9. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I am still testing but here is my custom playbook draft.

It's Utah State Customized into the Spartan "Hoplite Offense". Hoplite warriors of Sparta famously carried a spear and a shield into battle.
    The spear allowed them to strike from distance while the shield was used to bash the enemy.
    At MSU we plan to strike and bash or opponents every Saturday with our new offense!

Kept the formations in White already in the Utah State book ->
    Added the formations in Yellow->

ACE - BIG
    ACE - F PAIR TWINS
    ACE - WING TRIO TE
    GOAL LINE OFFENSE - NORMAL
    HAIL MARY - HAIL MARY

PISTOL - H TWINS
    PISTOL - STRONG SLOT
    PISTOL - TRAIN
    PISTOL - TRIO

SHOTGUN - 4WR TREY
    SHOTGUN - 5WR TRIO
    SHOTGUN - SLOT F WING
    SHOTGUN - SPLIT TWINS
    SHOTGUN - SPLIT SLOT
    SHOTGUN - TIGHT
    SHOTGUN - TRIO
    SHOTGUN - TRIPS TE
    SHOTGUN - TWIN TE SLOT
    SHOTGUN - WING OFFSET
    SHOTGUN - Y-TRIPS

WISHBONE - NORMAL
    WISHBONE - TIGHT
    WISHBONE - WIDE

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  10. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I know it sounds nit-picky but Adding wishbone to a playbook that is mostly single back seems a bit strange. Wishbone is used for offenses that are a run heavy team/option team. This looks to be a "multiple" offensive playbook, and I thought we banned the use of customized "multiple" playbooks.

To further my case:

"im okay with custom books as long as people have to post all their formations they put in the custom book and explain their team's offensive theme/style - no custom "multiple" offenses allowed - i like custom books to have a style just like all the books [except multiple] already do in the game" -Pig Bomb (Last Friday @ 1:57pm)

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I agree with this sentiment, the Wishbone is basically a separate offensive scheme from an Ace/Shotgun set and teams don't usually have the time to teach the blocking techniques at a useable level as well as teach their regular offense, so it is rarely seen as anything but a goalline set nowadays

12. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

the wishbone was already in the book <<---- hello???

this is funny that my book gets called out

i want to run option out of shotty, pistol and wishbone -- all three base formations are in the Utah State book - i only further added to run option capability

***- most of the other formations i added further enhance the run capability and include more than a single back, for example pistol H twins, slot f wing, split twins, and wing offset all have more than a single back

13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Also adding a defensive book: The Foster, it is just a 4-2-5 book with 4-3 over and stack added in

14. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I understand that and, remember your previous statement that I quote above

""im okay with custom books as long as people have to post all their formations they put in the custom book and explain their team's offensive theme/style - no custom "multiple" offenses allowed - i like custom books to have a style just like all the books [except multiple] already do in the game" -Pig Bomb (Last Friday @ 1:57pm)"

15. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i dont understand the objection at all - did you guys really look at my book ar just glance and see wishbone??? the fact that you said it was mostly single back leads me to believe you did not look at my changes

there are speed, power, and triple options in almost every formation i'm using in the pistol, shotty and bone

i took a spread option playbook and made it even more option

it's hardly a "multiple book" it's called SPREAD in the game

i didn't add any "new" formations that weren't already in the book

however if more people agree with you and cant see my theme then maybe i'm wrong

I've decided I'm just going with my other idea : SMU / Run and Shoot

We will break a ton of passing records I bet!

16. Wick36

Does VT really run all of those 4-2-5 looks or isn't the Under Slide basically the 4-3 over/under look?

You'd be running the full 4-2-5 and 2/3 of the base 4-3 book.

17. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

VT runs a 4-4, I just acknowledged Foster as the inspiration for the book. The 4-3 looks are for the power run game. I don't think it is farfetched to think a team could run a couple of 4-3 formations in a 4-2-5 system if they had the LB depth

18. Wick36

You could say the same about the 3-4/4-3 in the multiple, but we've had it banned for the same reason.

I dislike so much from each playbook, especially since with the 4-2-5 the on the line safeties are already supposed to be hybrids between the two, so they should already be capable of stopping the run.

My opinion, can't speak for everybody of course.

19. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

The 4-2-5 is designed to have an extra SS on the field to help stop the run in spread attacks with 3-5 WR while also keeping a coverage guy on the field for passing situations. It can be woefully bad against the I-form and the extra LB there can make a difference.

The 3-4/4-3 is a different situation as both of those sets require a completely different scheme and set of players(DE/OLB hybrids and 300+ lb D-lineman in the 3-4) and would be literally impossible to implement well in a college setting. The overlap between the 4-2-5 and 4-3 scheme ideas and personnel is why I think it is a completely valid option.

20. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

what do you mean? Like you dislike something about everyones playbook?

21. Hova

Are custom defensive playbooks really necessary?

22. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Yes. with the 3-4 the nickel package is a 2-5-4, and it sucks.

23. Wick36

What do you mean? This is the only thing I have objected to.

This is because in the 3-4. the OLBs are the pass rushers, not the DEs.

24. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I was not sure if you meant that you disliked something from everyones custome playbook, or if you did not like something from the 3-4 and the 4-3. And thank you Wick, I am well aware of why the 2-4-5 is setup the way it is, I just do not like it :)

25. Hova

I dislike all custom playbooks and I had multiple defensive playbooks banned for a reason. I am being flexible on the offense but these defensive changes are not necessary. Pick a defensive playbook and use it. Custom defensive playbooks are here on BANNED and will not be used. Everyone update your defensive playbook in the playbook thread.

Wick36
    abolishthefed
    MoonBBad
    uncleho
    PIG BOMB
    tmac6412
    RadarRider
    Bl0ndeRedHead
    gwill
    RyanC
    Will Atkinson

Anyone caught still using a custom playbook will be severely punished and/up to removed. This will be the dictatorship part of this league and not discussed.

• Like Like x 2