Custom Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Jun 27, 2013.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Will they be allowed for '14?

2. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

In years past we have allowed them, but its a new year so I guess its up to us as a dynasty to decide. I personally like custom playbooks as long as it comes with some sort of style and is not just a bunch of random plays and formations.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeGeNd RiPs

I totally agree.

4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I would say that all changes have to be posted to a PB and if there is something unreal then the LG could let the USER know

5. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

yea I think we should all start with our team PB and then post the formations we added/removed. Maybe have limit of how many original formations or plays can be removed from the teams PB. Not sure if that would work though....just brain storming ideas.

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Custom defensive playbooks are NOT allowed as of right now. Offensive playbooks I have no problem with - we'll go into more in depth discussions about them once we have the game in our hands.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I don't think CPB should be allowed, they can cause problems especially if you have a user on AP or quit and you trry to play the cpu. Game freezes up. I have also experianced other glitches like muddled up defenses, ect. Plus if you can't find a playbook you like from the 120+, thats a problem. And I am sure most only use a 1/3 of tehir PB anyway.

Just my 2 cents....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Defensive PB's definitely shouldn't be allowed. Agreed.

9. LeGeNd RiPs

I think that defensive playbooks shouldn't be allowed, but I don't see a problem with offensive playbooks. I think that, having the option to create playbooks, makes the entire experience that much more realistic or "sim". Throughout the season in real life, coaches are constantly adding and removing plays from their playbooks in order to prepare for a matchup. I think it'll be great scouting a player's defense and trying to utilize certain plays/formations that can expose a defense's weaknesses.

10. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Im all for offensive playbooks as well, but I don't think we should be adding and deleting plays mid season. I don't feel like coaches add plays midseason as much as they open their playbook up more. I just feel that we should create our playbooks with a particular style in mind and post the style of offense we would describe our playbook as and stick to it for a season. Then in the offseason we can add/delete plays and update our style.

Just my two cents....no matter what we decide ill be happy and down for whatever.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LeGeNd RiPs

That sounds good Cgreen.

12. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Ok this is just me brainstorming (so feel free to be like this is the dumbest idea ever...hell I may not even like it when I get down typing it out)

I have wanted something like this in online dynasty since they added the coaching carousel. The idea is that when your coaches leave it effects your playbook. What if we all started with our current play book for our team plus two formations that we would like to add. We could also set the number of plays we could add into that formation. Then whenever our OC and DC left and changed schools in the offense our playbooks would change then and only then. We would note what school our new OC and DC came from and would be allowed to add 2 new formations from each school that they departed from. This would simulate the new coaches coming over and bringing a couple of ideas with them to add to your playbook.

This is just a rough draft of the idea. I wish the game had it built in where the coaching carousel effected your school, bc in my opinion new coaches should change your school/style somewhat. So let me know if yall have any ideas to make it work or better or if its a total bust of an idea lol. Just trying to keep the convo on the playbooks going.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LeGeNd RiPs

I think that's a good idea. I like it. It's a good way to give each coach the ability to make the playbook they're own, but at the same time, not overpower it.

14. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Its a decent idea. Here is my devils advocate. We have no affect on where those new Coordinators come from. Where as in real life those guys are picked on merit. Also would like to point out sometimes a guy brings in a new idea and it sucks. Thus them getting fired. We dont have that option either

• Like Like x 2
  15. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Dang I like the original idea and the counter to it. Anybody else got an opinion? I think both posts are well explained and have me on the fence.

16. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

We WILL be doing custom playbooks this season...I'm not sure if I want to make it a requirement to post them or not considering I trust everyone enough. If you do exploit the feature, it'll be discovered in user games for sure considering we will be playing so many.

• Like Like x 1