Custom Stadium Sounds!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Custom Stadium Sounds!

Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads up as to how awesome the custom stadium sounds feature is this year. It takes a pretty long time to do the whole process, but once you do it, it's freaking AMAZING! In this thread I'll describe the process and also post some links. Feel free to ask any questions!

I have added the custom stadium sounds for my 3 online dynasty teams (ND, Florida, Florida State) and it makes the experience SICK, especially for ND and Florida (ESPECIALLY ND). Well worth the time, in my opinion.

Links
    --- Utopia Forums for Stadium Sounds Resources (links as well as what team uses what sound where)
    --- OS Forums for Stadium Sounds Resources (more current links but worse info as to who plays what when than Utopia)
    --- Band Clips for the Following Schools: Bama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, FSU, UGA, Kentucky, LSU, Misc, Miss State, Ole Miss, PSU, Pump_up_Clips, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy
    --- Clips for the Following Schools: Army, Navy, Notre Dame

How to Search for Sounds
    Check the forums on OS for the conference you are in. There will most likely be MANY helpful links in there. I haven't been in every forum, but do some digging and you'll find the info that you need. To find out which sound is played when, I would reference the Utopia forums. They seem to be more accurate, although I can't say that for every school on the OS forums.

The Process
    Okay, prepare yourselves. This is not a half hour project. More like two hours it felt like, but I'm not positive. You will need: A pad, a pen, a blank CD, a CD burner, a program to burn CD's (I used iTunes), and a hard drive for your XBOX.

1) Download all necessary files to your computer. For ease, try to put them into one folder.
    2) Make a list of all of the "sound events". You will see them on the OS and Utopia forums. I am talking about "defense on 3rd down, penalty, timeout away" -- stuff like that. You'll see what I mean when you look.
    3) Write down where you want to play each sound that you downloaded. You can use the info you find on those forums as a guide for realism, or mix and match to suit yourself.
    4)Load the audio files that you downloaded into the program that you are going to burn them to a CD with.
    5) Burn the CD as an AUDIO CD, not a data or MP3 CD. This is VITAL.
    6) While the CD is burning, write the TRACK NUMBER of the sound next to the sound name on your pad. Failure to do this will cost you a lot of time.
    7) After the CD is burned, you are done with your computer. Now the REAL fun begins.
    8) Put the Audio CD into your XBOX tray. When the menu comes up, choose to Rip Disc to Hard Drive or whatever the actual verbiage might be.
    9) After you have ripped the CD, play TRACK ONE ONLY (not all of them at once). Then, SAVE CURRENT PLAYLIST and name the playlist the track number (1 in this case). Repeat this for all of the sound files. Each sound clip needs to be in it's own playlist!
    10) After you have completed step 9, load NCAA Football and find the Custom Stadium Sounds area (I *think* under My Legacy or something like that).
    11) Press 'Y' to add a sound event. There is a maximum of 50 events, so if you are doing 3 teams you will need to plan wisely. You'll be fine if just doing it for 1 or 2 teams.
    12) When the add event menu pops up, scroll to your team, choose the event, and then find the track number that corresponds to the event that you wrote on your pad. Repeat this process for every sound event, making sure to choose the right team every time. You will be able to preview the sound by pressing 'X'.
    13) When you have loaded all of the sound events, back out and SAVE YOUR PROFILE!!!! Failure to do this will mean that the sounds will not save, and the next time you turn your XBOX on the sounds won't play. This will be very very painful!
    14) YOU'RE DONE! Enjoy! It is awesome to be able to hear the Florida band play 'Gator Bait' after a sack, to hear the ACTUAL Notre Dame kickoff sound, and to hear Florida State's band play Massacre after a touchdown!

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I used these in '09 and LOVED them so I ported them over to '10 as well. There was a UofM band member that posted songs for Michigan on OS that are absolutely fucking awesome! Here's what I wrote in the locker room:

Link from Quagmire34 on how to do this by streaming the songs from your PC instead of having to burn CDs for it.

Also, I'd love to get your ND sounds. From '09 I still have everything from Michigan and a bunch from other Big Ten teams, but none from ND (whom, of course, I play every year as well).

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The ND sounds are f'n awesome! They are in the original post, bottom link. I'll try to post the link of the events list for ya Jello. This is the first time I've added custom sounds and I must say, hearing these makes the experience a lot better, especially if you get into the whole atmosphere of your games.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I used these last year, but ended up deleting them after it was discovered that they could cause your connection in user games to be dropped at the opening screen. I'm guessing they fixed it this year if no one has seen issues. I need to load them back up.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Just did a quick look at that post you linked. Looks like they did a pretty good job. Pretty accurate. I have a couple others I use - cheers from the student section and drum cadences.

Last year I did ND's sounds and Alabama's. I went a little overboard with the feature, and actually mixed together Crazy Train with a crowd cheer that gradually gets louder. Used it on 3rd downs for Bama. It was awesome.

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Just did a quick look at that post you linked. Looks like they did a pretty good job. Pretty accurate. I have a couple others I use - cheers from the student section and drum cadences.

Last year I did ND's sounds and Alabama's. I went a little overboard with the feature, and actually mixed together Crazy Train with a crowd cheer that gradually gets louder. Used it on 3rd downs for Bama. It was awesome.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

One note about the sound events for you guys. I don't use one for Defense on 4th Down, because this also plays while punting. In my opinion I would rather hear the rest of the band's sound after stopping them on 3rd down, then my pre-3rd down music all over again.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

My burner is broken, can this be done without using a CD burner?

11. jello1717

Try this.

I haven't tried them yet, but I hope to do it tonight. I used (and absolutely LOVED) stadium sounds in '09, but it was such a pain in the ass to get the songs from the PC to the xbox (mainly because of the xboxes stupid playlist thing) that I haven't added more this year, even though I want to. Hopefully Quagmire's thing will work out well and I can get more.

It also sounds like Quagmire's method won't limit you to only 50 sounds (which I've filled up without filling up many teams) as you can switch them out for every game.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That method sounds like cake compared to the CD method. Way less trouble! If you're old fashioned (or have a sloooow computer like I do), the CD method will work just fine.

13. jello1717

I tried that method, but couldn't get it to work. I asked Quagmire for clarification. I could see the playlists on my PC from my xbox system menu, but inside of NCAA, when I tried to select playlists, I could only see the ones on my HDD and not the ones from my PC.

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'll check it out sometime (maybe) only b/c the two of you (Jello and Basis) are making it sound so cool...