Cut Players

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Cut Players

Since we have had a lot of turnaround this last season I am going to allow to cut their roster down to 67. Also if the CPU signed a player before you took over and you hate them post it in here and you may be able to cut them. If you have already talked to me about cutting some inherited guys still post them in here so that everyone knows whats happening. I will be saving the od and checking roster sizes and number of freshman prior to advancing to cut players and if any freshman are cut without being in this thread or if a roster unexpectedly dips below 67 you will lose all five star recruits for next season.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I will check when I get home. Only because the CPU signed away all my 4 star allowance before I joined.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Ill be doing this in the morning

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

We haven't advanced to cut players yet according to my xbox, did I miss something?

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

nope mine says this as well. he's probably jsut getting ready for it.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have a couple of athletes, so are we going to stop at position changes first?

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I hope we stop at position changes. I have some players that I really need to switch positions, plus I'd be short at 1-2 positions if we skipped this step.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

agreed..

9. dakota7

I have position changes also

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

We're still at week 5. I'm not at my house and unfortunately for the league its my girlfriends birthday so I won't be advancing until late. We will have 24 for hours (hopefully fewer) for position changes and then I would like to set up a 6 hour window for cutting players.

11. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I'll be cutting a 1* K with something like D+ Power and D- Accuracy while keeping a 3* K who can actually make a 30-yd field goal.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I was able to advance to cut players. I had a couple guys sign that werent on my board and I didnt offer, I will post them later or else tomorrow and then promptly cut their posing asses.

13. dakota7

I thought we were going to do position changes first?? 24 hours??

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Holy crap my 5 star QB has 95 break tackle

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hova, question, how's your lions franchise doin? I'm in the second year with them in SMFL and doing worse than the first year. I need a WR opposite Calvin, B. Johnson is awful. K. Smith is hurt for 8 weeks, and my defense is just terrible haha.

16. Hova

I'm doing much better than last season, I drafted Keller the Speedy HB who is insane, and on defense i picked up CB winfield and Mcallister on the other side my secondary is somewhat shored up. I am 4-2 now but I'm sure keller will never last the season with his 30 injury rating, he gets hurt every game lol I try to give K smith most of the reps though

17. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Are the cuts limited to incoming freshmen? Because I see some useless players on this team...

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Ah those are nice pickups. I went 8-8 last season so I had a mid round pick. I drafted MLB Alonzi Simms and he is pretty good. I also got CB Julian Craft in the 2nd and he is really solid, but Buchannon is the other corner and he is just awful, and don't even get me started on the 3rd and 4th corners. My big FA pickup was Kerney, but he hasn't been good at all this season even though he is a 93 overall.

19. Hova

I also had a great pickup last season when i traded Cherilus for Michael Johnson the DE from the bengals he is a beast... I ended moving Buchanon to FS and drafted some speedy CB's late in the draft for my 4th n 5th CBs. They hold there own and are great on kick return as well.

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You're just lucky the Packers are under new ownership.

21. Hova

Haha just beat the pack and took control of the North

22. dakota7

my position changes are all done.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah mine are all done. I hope it is not against the rules but I converted a HB to my QB position. He has good throwing numbers 85 (throw power) 82 (throw accuracy) and his overall is tied with most at that position with 85. His speed is 89 so he isn't even as fast as Pryor. He was a 78 overall HB but moved to QB his overall shot up to 85.

24. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

How does he end up with those throwing stats??? Was he recruited as a HB or ATH? I had a HB kinda like that in 09 on an offline Dynasty, he was a well-rounded player (and he was a HB out of high school, not ATH).

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have no idea. He is a real life player since. He is a redshirt sophomore and was on the team before I took over.

His profile on ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=480617

Rivals.com: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-A.J.-Blue-63240

Rivals.com (profile 2) : http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-A.J.-Blue-87363

Apparently he was a 2-star QB recruit in real life who Butch Davis converted to HB. The second profile ups him to a 4-star after he spent one year at a prep school and his position is now listed as athlete.