Cutting and resigning

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by The Richuation, Sep 22, 2014.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

TMFL,

Money is tight. People are unsure if they will be able to resign their guys. It may seem attractive to cut and quickly resign your guys to a one year deal. This is highly unsim and owners will be sanctioned. This will result in the loss of draft picks, waivers, and up to the boot.

The panthers just attempted this type of transaction with Cam Newton and there will be a penalty even if it was accidental. Just a fair warning to anyone considering cheesing the game... Don't do it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

To piggy back on what Rich said, the Panthers cut Cam by 'accident' because he was gaming while drunk (GWD) ... While perception and thoughts will vary, publik drunk has been a stand up owner for a few files now. He actually resigned Cam in week five to a 5 year extension. So cutting and re-signing Cam actually posed zero benefit to the Panthers as the team eats his new contract and handicaps them with future roster moves.
    If you fail to negotiate a contract with a player and want a second chance, or are seeking to save money and cut and resign a guy you're wrong. And will be caught of course (y)
    My piece is only to shed light on Publik's situation and show support for his integrity as a TSO member.

• Like Like x 7
  3. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I appreciate it Black Republican.
    I made a stupid mistake and your right I will have to pay for it long term. As far as Cam, his 2014 season is over and no attempt will be made to resign him. Sorry for the trouble guys.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Cam better be a Panther :wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
  5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    This is for cheering against WVU you bum :) #justkiddngwellmaybenotiforgiveyoueitherway

• Like Like x 1
  6. publik drunk

Lol!! Man never talked to you after the game but you guys played great. I was really worried before halftime. White is a monster, good luck to you guys the rest of the year and PLEASE!!!!! beat Texas lol

7. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    We either play two quarters or three quarters but never 4 unless its an FCS school.....Overall progress this year vs last especially playing offense

• Like Like x 1
  8. publik drunk

You guys played two of the top 4 teams close man. I was really impressed with how you guys played, but I think they were just too excited early and got worn down and ran. Out of energy late.

9. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Wait..... Cam Newton will be available in free agency?!?!?!

Shit Publik, lets talk trade :)

10. publik drunk

Not happening lol. Save your money and throw it at him in FA!

• Like Like x 1