Cyclone Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Dec 2, 2009.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Cyclone Presser

With the unfortunate injuries in your first game respond to how you feel your team played even with the injuries?

Also How do you plan on your team performing for the rest of this season?

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Honestly, I felt the team played great. We did not lose the game because of how the team played. Arnuad went down it was either 0-0 or 3-0 Iowa St. Robinson and Schwartz went down it was 7-3 Oregon. I just never changed my play calling. Only made one mistake on offense that was the INT to seal Iowa State's fate.

Given the talent this team has and the rest of the Big 12, I figured a 3 win season. Given how we played against Oregon we could be 5-7, just outside a bowl bid.

I took the Iowa State position with the intent of rebuilding this team into a great team. Hoping it happens sooner than later.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Another tough loss but it really looks like your defense is really playing well so far. Those 2 big runs were costly but the ints were more costly. What do u have to do to lay off the turnovers in your next game?

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Considering we played 2 of the better teams in the nation and only lost by a total of 14 points, I am proud of this team. This defense is Big 12 ready. They held Robinson to I think it was negative 1 yards rushing outside of his 2 TD runs.

This offense needs to make better reads on passing plays. 3 of the 4 ints in 2 games were poor reads. Arnaud can make the plays either running or throwing the ball. He just needs to decide better what to do, even if it means taking the sack.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Iowa State recruiting

The positives:

Signed 9 players
    Filled all needs for next season
    Currently #25 class in nation

The negatives:

All players signed were 2 star players
    #25 class means taking a step back in conference, 8th best recruiting class in conference