Da Cajun Predictor's Free Agent Watch

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Adding a new twist to the league content, I've decided to get a jump start on some big names who may or may not hit the free agent market this upcoming off-season. These players will be guys who have 1 year left on their current deals and who have not reached an agreement with their current team. I'll do a couple positions with each weekly installment in an attempt to wrap it up by playoff time. This week we'll head straight to the top. I'll kick it off with the quarterbacks and running backs who I feel could be the top free agents among the upcoming class.

Quarterbacks:

1) Jay Cutler - With his team fighting for their lives in the NFC playoff hunt, some have speculated that Cutler is taking the high road and waiting out the season for his new contract. And given Chicago's track history, that would be no surprise. However Cutler could be looking to test the waters of free agency. With 12 TDs and 10 INTs this season along with his 2000+ yards, it's a toss up what Cutler's free agent stock may be. I feel he's still a prime quarterback in this league, which is why he tops my list.

2) Alex Smith - Sure, he's been benched. Is a miserable 5 for 9 for 60 yards on the year, and has been considered a bust ever since he hit the scene. I believe this guy can be a legitimate NFL quarterback though. He'll be sure to hit free agency this year, and with plenty teams in search of quarterbacks it'll be interesting to see where and if Smith finds a new home.

3) Christian Ponder - Rumblings out of Minnesota earlier this week has made way for the early speculation that Ponder will indeed be out in Minnesota. With a league high 25 INTs on the year it's no wonder why, he's had a terrible year! With that said, I think this guy has tremendous upside and can definitely help the right owner.

4) Tom Brady - Fourth? Surely you meant to put Brady at the top of this list, didn't you? Brady is having a fantastic season. A QBR of 108% with a 29-19 TD-INT ratio and over 3000 yards passing, there's no way he shouldn't be number one. However; I just don't see this guy playing another season. And if he does, is it really anywhere BUT New England? I don't believe so.

5) Tim Tebow - I don't even know where this guy currently is in the league right now. But it's Tim Tebow! Anything associated with that name will cause a stir. So here he is rounding out my top possible free agent quarterback list.

Running Backs:

1) Darren McFadden - The leagues leading rusher currently through 12 weeks of play. Darren McFadden could make huge noise in free agency this year. McFadden has over 1200 yards on the ground and leads the league in runs over 20+ yards with 15 of those. Couple that with his 13 TDs and this guy is looking to get paid! Oakland has held out for now, but can they afford to much longer? If I was them I would make sure McFadden never sees the light of free agency. If he does you can be asured plenty of teams will be on the other end of his cell phone.

2) Darrian Reagan - Reagan has been making noise all year. Some may have never heard the name. If you haven't just look at the leagues current rushing stats. You'll find him near the top. Reagan is coming off of his rookie deal and has yet to ink a new deal. This guy is a young star and has a bright future. Owners may want to start paying serious attention to him!

3) Demarco Murray - Murray and the Cowboys have seemed to hit an impass in contract talks. Talks around the league are that the 'Boys have unsuccessfully made plays at Murray. If they can't come to terms soon this Cowboy may just have enough hurt feelings to walk. An explosive back with Adrian Peterson like size, Murray would be highly coveted if he hit the market.

4) Darren Sproles - The lightning quick back out of New Orleans may be looking for yet another place to rest his head. If so, he better get his full of gumbo and crawdads now. His speed is hard to overlook so if the Saints don't resign him I believe he could still help plenty of teams even with his growing age.

5) Roy Helu Jr. - Roy has not had the career that many expected in Washington. A Nebraska product, he's struggled in the Redskins backfield. Point blank though, the guy is still young and very talented. I won't be surprised at all if a couple teams make a pitch for him if Washington opts to release the young man.

6) Ahmad Bradshaw - New York tried making plays to deal this guy earlier in the year with no success. I don't see Bradshaw being in the Big Apple next season because of that. With great cut-back skills I think he still has a lot left to prove in this league. His only knock is not being able to hold onto the ball. That, unfortunately for him, will follow him wherever he lands. It will be up to the owners and GMs to decide if they want to take a risk on him or not.

That wraps ip this edition of my free agent watch. Hope you guys enjoy, and look forward to seeing how many of these guys will really make it to the open market!

• Like Like x 7
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

shit this is great ThaBayouChef, i planned on doing something similar but now i'll shift gears and do something different today. Great work man (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

great stuff bro, i will be offering the house to DMC he wont be going anywhere...

• Like Like x 2
  4. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I'll throw him lambeau...

Very nice Loren!

• Like Like x 1
  5. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

Great write up! Good to see the names that potentially hit the market.

• Like Like x 2
  6. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Tebow will be a huge pickup for someone. He won AFC Offensive POY in the sim season and I gave a ton of XP to make him accurate. I wouldn't mind starting him at all right now if I wasn't playing my rookie QB.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Also, Sproles doesn't need to worry about getting his Cajun food fix in because he was traded to me during this preseason.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Awesome addition Loren...way to step up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

nice job!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

2 thumbs up....great job

• Like Like x 1
  11. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

This is a great idea Loren

• Like Like x 1
  12. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Good stuff Loren!

QB - Alex Smith, we will let him take that walk as well as another name that's not on the list...
    RB - Frank Gore

• Like Like x 3
  13. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I didnt even see Gore on the list! Must have skipped right over him he definitely wouldve made the list!

14. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Big names in free agency... Just another thing I like about this year's Madden.

15. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Indeed...as much as I like having Gore on the squad...you have to take a lot into consideration when signing these dudes for the type of money they want. The FA pool has been awesome...and i'm sure it will continue to have those "Can't Miss" names stroll across it. Gives everyone a fair shake to at least put a bid on some marquee names. Not tooooo much to complain about in this years Madden. But I won't start that here in what we would like to see in the next years version ;)

• Like Like x 3