Da Cajun Predictor's Week 13 Picks

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

It's time to take dem Christmas trees down, put dem New Years hats and accessories away, and get ready for da Mardi Gras! Da Cajun Predictor is making reservations now to get back on da bayou for the big show. Superbowl you ask? No, no, no. It's time for some Bourbon St., beads, and boobies! If you make it down for the show don't mind the smell, we have great food and it's only poisoned if your name's Roger Goddell! With all these festivities going on, I've returned for another installment of my weekly picks. Since the last time I posted we've seen teams rise, seen teams fall. The Packers are still a perfect 10-0, but what may be even more shocking is the Minnesota Vikings sitting at 2-9 and tied for last in the entire NFC along with the Dallas Cowboys. They seem to be fighting it out with the Jaguars, Falcons, Rams, Bucs, and Chargers for that coveted #1 overall draft pick. Ouch! The Saints and Panthers are on the opposite end of the spectrum from those bottom feeders. Both 9-2 and seemingly fighting for that #2 seed in the NFC and a first round bye, not to mention the NFC South division crown. Below them, it's a toss up in the NFC. A handful of teams bunched up at 7-4 and 6-5. Anything is possible with 5 weeks left to go. Same goes for the AFC where the Colts sit at 8-2 and a whole bunch of teams bunched behind them at 7-4 and 6-5. Now's the time for the playoff teams to make their run. It all starts this week in week 13 where we have some great matchups:

Lions(6-5) @ Bears(7-4)

A big matchup here where both teams are still very much alive in the NFC playoff picture. Neither I believe will have a shot at catching division leading Green Bay(10-0), but both could still make plenty noise in the post-season. Chicago started the season red hot but have since hit a bit of a snag, which is the opposite of Detroit who have been really turning it on as of late. Detroit's game is led by Matthew Stafford and the passing game. And by passing game we do mean Megatron! Detroit has over a 1,000 more yards through the air than their division foe. Couple that with 18 TD's and 160, yes 160, first downs on the year; this offense seems tough to stop. The best cure, however; for an explosive offense, is a high powered defense. Chicago is in the top 1/3 of the league in interceptions and account for 25 sacks as well. At home, with a lot on the line, I can't go against that defense this week. I think they get 4 turnovers this game in some fashion and end up pulling away from the Lions in the end. I'll go 27-17, Da Bears!

Redskins(4-7) @ Giants(4-7)

A big matchup involving two 4-7 teams? Yessir! Both of these teams once led the NFC East before the resurgging Philadelphia Eagles took control. Now both sitting at 4-7, they find themselves in a fight for their post-season lives. Whoever loses this key matchup will most likely be knocked out of playoff contention. The winner, well he would still have an outside shot. Very evenly matched stat wise, I can only look at one category to possibly give an accurate prediction. The Giants come into this game with an astounding 33 sacks on the year. The Redskins, well they've given up an astounding 34 on the year. With that, I see that Giants line dominating the Redskins upfront and constantley putting RGIII on his backside. If they are able to contain him as well, I see the Giants winning this one pretty big. 35-17, Giants.

Game of the Week:

49ers(6-5) @ Cardinals(7-4)

What a division race we have in the NFC West. Two very capable teams are in a standstill for their respected division. The competition doesn't really get more even than these two. The Cardinals with a win, can create a little seperation between their divsion rival heading into the final quarter of the season. Another very even matchup stat wise. Both have very close numbers offensively and defensively. I think this one comes down the Cardinals young QB against a very talented and mature 49er defense. It's a toss up at best, but I see Patrick Willis having a big part in this game. His play will lead the 9ers back atop the West and cause a major showdown heading into the final 4 games of the year. 24-21, 49ers

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Nice Read...I'll look forward to your Falcons vs. whoever write up come real NFL round two playoff time :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

AFC gets no love... Nice write-up.

4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Lol. Was gonna do Ravens v Browns, but I read where Michael said he wasn't going to be able to make the game. So figured it might end up getting simmed. That was the only AFC game that had playoff implications. Most AFC teams are playing NFC teams this week oddly.

5. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

• Like Like x 2
  6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

NO MORE !@#$% SIMS!!!

*YAWN* ;)

7. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Good stuff Loren!

• Like Like x 1
  8. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Well done man. Thanks for the content!

• Like Like x 3
  9. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Mr. Cajun, as much as I enjoy reading your material(y) , I hate to see my team mentioned and here is why. One: my Bears try to daam much to try and please these commentators. 2: The Head Coach usually takes a shit on big games. and 3: Its a Curse for Da Bears to be mentioned every daam time...:(

• Like Like x 2
  10. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

so what your really tryng to tell us Zo is your going to flop now?

• Like Like x 2
  11. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Never bigdawg, Never. I already lid a fire under my teams ass since the bye week. So look for a different Bears team from now on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Lets go lions:D