Da Cajun Predictor's Wk 2 Picks

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Well with week 1 down the drain half the teams are above .500, half the teams are below .500. If this league was a giant pot of seafood gumbo it wouldn't matter where your team fell in that category, they would all be good! But, it isn't. Unfortunately some teams will continue to drop games. And that's only because, well, like a burnt batch of crawfish cornbread, they're just not that good. Others will continue to strive and find a way to win this season. So with that, here are my hot and spicy week 2 picks:

Chiefs v Raiders:

This game definitely has no love loss between the coaches. Bitter AFC West rivals, who both could use this victory. The Chiefs come into the game with some of the best numbers in football. Amassing over 400 yards of total offense in their week 1 matchup, this team will be hard for anyone to slow down. The Raiders on the other hand allowed a league high 360 yards on the ground in their week 1 matchup and they will definitely have to improve in that area. And quickly. Why you ask? Because Jamaal Charles is coming to town. I don't see anything changing for him, or the Chiefs in this one. Chiefs win a key matchup early in the season, 35-17.

Bears v Vikings:

Another highly contested division rivalry will take place in Minnesota, when the Bears travel to take on the Vikings led by runing back Matt Forte. Forte had a huge game week 1 putting up over 150 yards on the ground. The Vikings defense allowed over 100 on the ground themselves. So one would obviously look at the run game in this one to play a huge factor. With Adrian Peterson on the other side of the ball it's a no brainer. Whoever rushes for the most yards wins, right? NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! The Vikings gave up not 1, but 5 interceptions in their week 1 matchup. Couple that with their 4 fumbles on the day, and they're -8 in turnover differential through only 1 game. One would hope that that was a product of the stingy defense they faced. I think it was, and we'll find out this week. If the Vikings can protect the ball better, my prediction will prove better than mama's chicken/sausage jambalaya. Vikings win at home, 27-21.

Dolphins v Patriots:

Before this season even started we started hearing rumblings of Superbowl predictions and team dominance. It used to be those other guys in the AFC East that talked like that. Not these days. After a week 1 victory all is well again in Foxboro. The same, however; cannot be said for the Miami Dolphins. Still in what seems like a transitional period they will look to bounce back from their week 1 defeat. With Andy Dalton at the helm he will look to right this ship sooner rather than later. However with all the big names on these two offenses, I believe this game will come down to which teams defense can bend, but not break. Both teams gave up over 400 yards of total offense in week 1. Not a stat you want to have. While the Patriots got tourched for over 350 yards thru the air, their run D held solid only allowing 60 yards on the day. The Dolphins meanwhile allowed a pretty big chuck of yardage on both the ground and in the air. The slight advantage for the Patriots may come up front where they managed to sack the opposing QB a league high 7 times in week 1. Defense and defensive pressure will be the key here. Patriots win a barn burner, 45-38

These are my picks, and I'm stickin' to 'em! :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Good stuff Loren

• Like Like x 2
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice read Loren. There's no way the Patriots are scoring 45 points against me. I don't think I've ever given up that many points in years... ;)

• Like Like x 4
  4. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Good Stuff Loren, but I hate your prediction :mad: for my game LOL. Considering I stuffed A.P last season, I doubt things change. Time to put my game face ON....:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great. Great. Stuff... Any thoughts on the big division battle tonight? CINCY vs. CLEV?

• Like Like x 2
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Snow, lots of snow! Earliest snowfall in Madden history!

• Like Like x 2
  7. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Larry Fitzgerald is gonna get a taste of that cold up north and wanna come back to the good ol' desert in Arizona :cool:

8. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Fitzgerald is from the cold depths of Minnesota...Cold makes him think of being a kid playing pigskin for the first time...He can't wait

• Like Like x 2
  9. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

GREAT STUFF.....................I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE AFTER THAT PICK;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Well done Loren!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

great stuff Loren, it will be a pleasure to prove u wrong on my week 2 game against them sorry ass Chiefs...

Javy do u wanna put some money on this game? maybe a round of Golf?

• Like Like x 1
  12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

For someone who just got completely mowed down on the running game, you're awfully confident. Very Rex Ryan-esq....

• Like Like x 2
  13. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

lol.....you know i cant right now.....but i will see U on the field.

14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Man, no love lost in the AFCW.

I guess Daryl wants none of this lovely trashtalk.

15. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

you know this is a copycat league.........if denver ran for 350....i will run 400 on u;)

16. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

400 yards? Child plz....

17. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

BOOM... Raiders 33 Chiefs 28... 400 yards rushing? Child PlZ!!!!! more like 114 and total domination from the Raiders... recap to follow.

18. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

lol...total domination? whatever...gg......one last thing whatever you guys did with the sliders...go back to the drawing board running was too easy....i had to control the lb in order to stop the outside run....lb were lost .. and my lb are no pushovers.

19. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

The heated rivalry lives on!....

20. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

21. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Um, they made running harder man.

• Like Like x 5
  22. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Yea...i wouldnt say running is a cake walk. In 2 games ive allowed 116 total rushing yds...and thats not even the league best. THese sliders make it more on the user to play D. I like that. More realistic, where as the last time any asshole could sit back with a mediocore LB core and watch the CPU take over. Zero fun in that.

• Like Like x 3
  23. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Way to call half the league an asshole. Maybe people like to user the line?

• Like Like x 2
  24. PAPER R1VAL

PAPER R1VAL Walk On

Might be a long season for them with the new sliders. No more glue coverage.

25. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Everything now makes sense.

• Like Like x 2