Daddyleagues overalls??

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by thafuture3886, Jan 13, 2014.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I'm just curious as to where Daddyleagues pulls their Overall ratings from?? Seems like my whole team has different overalls in the game as to what is on Daddyleagues. And i'm not talking a small difference, there's guys that are rated 10 or more pts less on Daddyleagues than they are on the game? Any idea why there is such a huge difference??? Anybody??????

2. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I've noticed the same thing man. I'm not even looking at DL for those stats anymore. I also don't think the salary cap that they show is correct either.

ETA: I do love the site though for stats, transactions, and looking at rosters for depth, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

The attributes are spot on. The issue is how they calculate the overall versus the game when it takes into account each owners scheme.

Still feels wierd to me when I want to offer someone a 2nd round pick and they laught nd tell me the guy i want is 90ovr and not 80ovr.

Im sure some of you have noticed that in game, the overralls differ at times. Trent Cole shows as 84 ovr OLB but during the game, in the nickel 245, he shows as 94ovr.

Devonte Holloman shows as 70 ovr but in every game when I look to make subs, he shows as 80ovr.

• Like Like x 3
  4. thafuture3886

That's what i'm so confused about. If they can pull all the right attributes from the game why can't they then pull the overalls?

5. heathh

heathh Walk On

Ive notice that as well, and it can hender trades. I don't want some of my players to be 90's so i can trade them. Lol

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I think its because the Overall ratings would differ between each user. We look at one player and he looks like he is a lower overall but that is because its in our scheme. If we share the same scheme, I believe they may be roughly the same overall. Meaning some players overall are upped beccause they play in a scheme that is meant for them.

7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

mo money, mo problems... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

The overalls differ from owner to owner too, so don't look at that as a basis. Attributes are the most important thing (and those are constant on the console, daddy leagues, and cfm online).

• Like Like x 1
  10. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

If you go into your front office and sync your rosters it takes a few minutes it will update and base the ovr on your scheme. It's not always spot on but it's closer. The ovr's on daddy league are generally static default based on EA's last online roster update then when you sync it updates to your scheme. Some like I said never correct themselves I have the Eagles elsewhere and EA went out of their way to say LG Evan Mathis is the highest rated OG at 98 and no matter how many times I have updated or swapped schemes he always shows in the mid 80's but atts never change and are spot on. From what I can tell they mix scheme, default, and online updated sometimes. Also in cfm I will have 3 different ovr's 1 for depth, 1 in roster and another listed in the salary section which generally is the same as default daddy league. Just remember ovr's whores go by the attributes... :).

• Like Like x 1
  11. heathh

heathh Walk On

I ran out of money! I got problems.

12. thafuture3886

I just need it for trade purposes lol

13. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I always get the "unable to sync rosters" message.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Regarding the OVR ratings on the Daddy League site, I have wondered the same thing regarding where they get them. They don't seem to completely line up to how I see OVR ratings anywhere else. Yes the individual attributes are correct, but the OVR ratings I am not sure about. As far as syncing rosters and attributes, we try to keep them pretty well synced up on a league wide basis.

As far as OVR rating in the franchise, they can be a bit confusing. First you have the regular OVR rating, like you would see in the main menu rosters before you enter franchise mode. Obviously we cannot use those, as our rosters have evolved over our seasons, but I am just using those as an example. It is my understanding that those are the same types of ratings you would see on the depth chart in a game or in a practice. The OVR rating you see there are purely based on the players attributes to give them a grade at their position, without taking scheme into consideration. There is the caveat of players playing out of their "Natural Position" on the depth chart, but I get into that more below.

Now, when you are in the franchise (outside of a game or practice) you get the OVR ratings influenced by the franchise exclusive attributes like Physical Grade (PHY), Intangibles (INT), Durability (DUR) Size (SIZ), and Production (PRD). These franchise-only attributes combine with your team's individual player schemes to give the player an OVR rating based on that player's fit for your set scheme.

• When you are in ROSTER view in the franchise, you not only see your own players based on your team's schemes, that is how you view other team's players as well (based on their fit for YOUR schemes).
    • When you are in the SALARIES view, you see players based on their fir in their CURRENT TEAM'S SCHEMES.
    • As for the depth chart, that is again influenced by YOUR schemes, regardless of what team's players you are looking at. However, the depth chart is also influenced by what position a player is slotted in, versus their natural position. Sometimes even swapping a player from left to right (or vice versa) will change not only their OVR rating, but some of their attributes as well. For instance, you might have a LT who is an 85 OVR on the depth chart as a LT, but is only an 83 OVR as a RT. That's just the result of a player playing out of their "Natural Position", sometimes they are better, sometimes they are worse, or they may stay exactly the same.
    • Lastly, you may see different rating even still, during a game or practice when you are using formation subs. I believ this is similar to the changes you will see with the depth chart. It is just the affect of a player playing out of his "Natural Position", combined with the absence of Franchise Exclusive ratings mentioned above.

I know it can be confusing as all hell, and frankly it seems like since they started this new ratings system the OVR ratings have become largely an arbitrary number. I hope this helped you more than it confused you. Any questions, let me know.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Your ea log-in info is incorrect in daddy leagues.
    Go to front office-account and input correct log in info.

• Like Like x 1
  16. thafuture3886

Yeah mine synced up when i did it yesterday.. thanks DJDunn6

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Thanks for the in-depth breakdown, Jim. I, for one, was very confused about it all. That makes it all a little more clear.

18. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Thank you! that did it.

19. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

First I never acknowledged and thanked you Danny for this piece of info. To be honest, i hadn't even realized the option was there for individual owners. I had the league wide option as commissioner, which can take over an hour to process, but it's great that individual owners can sync their own team in a couple of minutes.

Armed with this new found capability, I did some testing today on Daddy Leagues ratings.

After some testing, I have come to the conclusion that (when up to date) the rosters on Daddy Leagues will reflect your player's OVR ratings based on your current position schemes. Much the same as looking at Roster in the CFM. Even when I changed schemes (and affected players had their OVRs change), after a roster sync for my team (through the Front Office tab) everything appeared to match up perfectly. I am not saying it's infallible, but it appears to be pretty accurate and at least I feel like I have a better understanding of what they use.

As far as looking at teams other than your own, it appears as though you will see their players rated based on YOUR schemes as well (much like looking at other teams through the Roster screen in the CFM). However the caveat to that is, you won't be able to update other teams ratings if you change your schemes. You would not see updated ratings for a player on another team until either that team owner syncs their roster, or the entire league is synced.

After playing with it, I like the Daddy League site even more than i already did.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

NOTE: The league rosters and attributes have been completely synced as of this posting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

This is the best post of the week! Good looking out...I was able to sign FA now from daddyleagues!

• Like Like x 1
  21. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm sure someone has noticed already or knows this about DL, but are the players stats as well as overall team stats updated as soon as they play a game in a week? Or do they not update until the league advances to the next week??

22. thafuture3886

team stats such as ppg, ypg etc are updated weekly i believe while players stats are after the game

• Like Like x 1
  23. CHUNKNESS

If you want your score/stats updated immediately following your game, go to the Front Office page of the owner console and click on the "Scores Sync" button to update your scores/stats. Otherwise, they are updated whenever the admins update the site and/or upon each advance.

• Like Like x 1
  24. thafuture3886

Didn't know we had the ability to do that i thought it was just for admin (y)

25. CHUNKNESS

Yeah, it just applies to the individual owner's game versus the admin's ability to update the entire league. Just make sure your EA credentials are updated in your DL profile.

• Like Like x 1