Dallas Cowboys 2013 State of the Union

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by rushers24, Apr 17, 2011.

1. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

No team made a bigger splash in the off-season than the Dallas Cowboys. Last season the Cowboys really struggled on defense, especially after losing CB Terrence Newman, MLB Sean Lee, and LE Houston to injury. Despite going 14 and 2 during the regular season and winning the NFC East, the Boys did not play well late in the year, dropping 3 straight pvp games with the last one being against the Detroit Lions in the playoffs. So it was decided that things needed to be shook up a little.

The Cowboys only resigned 2 players our of 10 that were free agents. The first player was LT Doug Free, and the other was LOLB Anthony Spencer. Notable departures included TE Bennett, DE Olshansky, and FS Alan Ball. Aslo RB Marion Barber was finally cut, after being replaced by Daniel Frisch. This allowed the Cowboys to FINALLY have some cap space to make some moves in free agency.

But, before FA came the draft. The Cowboys went into the 2013 draft thinking all defense and were looking really hard at getting a MLB or a FS, but the FS the Cowboys wanted was a top rated player, and the Cowboys did not have a high enough pick to have a chance at him. Thirty minutes before the draft started trade negotiations started heating up between Dallas and Oakland. The Cowboys were looking to move up in the draft, and the Raiders were looking for a solid number 1 WR. So a deal was made literally minutes before the draft started! The Cowboys sent the Raiders WR Miles Austin, CB Terrence Newman and their 28th 1st round pick, in return for MLB McClain, WR Jacoby Ford, and the 20th overall pick. This gave the Raiders some nice help at CB, and a legit number 1 receiver. For the Cowboys they got to move up in the draft and a shot at the FS they wanted as well as finally getting some help at MLB. They also freed up a ton of cap space with getting Ford for Austin. Dez Bryant will now be the number 1, and Ford should be a nice number 2 with even more speed and quickness than Austin had!

The Cowboys thought for sure the FS Allie would be there at 20, but they were wrong. The Denver Broncos took him at 19, and left the Cowboys very frustrated and very unsure with their NOW on the clock pick. The next highest rated player on the Cowboys board was MLB Sione Taue'Etia (now known as MR. T because I can't pronounce his last name). But the Cowboys just traded for a good MLB, and still had Sean Lee! So they were left scratching their heads, and with the short time clock they went with their original draft strategy and picked MR. T anyways. In the 2nd round the Cowboys picked a backup RE, and a tall and fast WR in the 3rd named Franklin, who should see a decent amount of playing time this season.

Going into FA, the Cowboys had the most spending money out of any of team. With MLB locked up with speed and depth, they turned once again to the FS position as well as the D Line. After all the bidding wars ended, the Cowboys got every player they sought after! Three of the the five players signed were on defense, with the other 2 being a new kicker and punter. The first big signing was RE J. Abraham, who turned 35 this season will actually be a nice upgrade at RE. Next was DT J. Williams who will plug in nicely next to Jay Ratliff. The last and biggest potentially biggest signing was FS Reggie Nelson, which is a huge upgrade from Alan Ball.

Key players signed
    MLB R. McClain (trade from Raiders) - Will start
    WR Jacoby Ford (trade from Raiders) - Very quick and will start
    WR Jaylun Franklin - 6'4, 97 speed
    MLB Sione Taue'Etia (MR. T) - Fast as fuck and doesnt take no shit.
    FS Reggie Nelson - FINALLY got a FS worth a shit
    DE J. Abraham - Will start and still has alot of ability to cause offenses problems
    DT Jamal Williams - Will start next to Jay Ratliff

Key Players lost
    WR Miles Austin
    CB Terrence Newman

The Cowboys have really improved their defense this season, and have really put everything into place to run the kind defense they want to run. All I can say is MR. T pitys the fool and will start, and look out for the new 44 defense!

2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Good stuff man! Mr. T is a beast... I wanted him so bad, but I had to go RB with my first pick. I was hoping he'd fall to me at 27.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Everyone wanted Mr. T - I for some reason thought he would make it to me at 32 - what a mistake that was.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I was thinking about grabbing him at #6, but needed a DT worse.