Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Dallas Cowboys

A little foggy since I was so angry about my personal performance, but here goes:

Offensively, Dallas likes to run on first down a good bit. They stay pretty conservative on early downs and use their offensive line to open up holes. Cade doesn't strike me as a patient runner; if the hole isn't there right away he's going to try to break it outside. Containment is huge against him if you have a good interior run defense. If he breaks it outside, both Jones and Choice have the speed to take it a long way.

On longer plays, especially third down, he will line up 4 receivers snug to the line a lot of the time. If he sees single coverage he will go after it. If you blitz, corners have to be solid or make sure it's a zone blitz. If you mix up your defenses it will probably confuse him a bit, as I got 2 picks this game on some zone/man coverage schemes. He's a gunslinger, so he will try to fit it into spaces that most may not throw to. It's successful though, so I can't knock that. He favored Roy Williams in this game a good bit, throwing to that side more often than not. May be just what he saw. One game is not enough to scout that deep.

On defense, he seemed to mix up his playcalling pretty well. My offensive line is horrible, so I can't tell if he was throwing blitzes at me or if it was just his front 4. However, Ware got 2 sacks, so I'm assuming blitzes. He didn't give me a look of total man or total zone the whole game. I got a few lucky bounces to get my touchdowns.

I think the biggest thing to try to do against him since he is so balanced defensively is try to attack the outsides with the run, then the interior with quick passes. If you see single coverage deep and are decent with user catches, go for it, as I think he can be had there. I got one or two lucky user catches on him with single coverage.

Cade is a solid player with some gunslinger tendencies on offense and a solid defensive gameplan. If you can get ahead on him and force him to throw a bit more, you might have a good chance at victory.

But what do I know? I'm the Chiefs. ;)

2. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Good report man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.