Dallas Escapes from Lions by the skin of their teeth

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, Sep 28, 2013.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

We've heard a tale of two halves. This game was more a tale of three quarters and one quarter. And actually a bit more. For 3qtrs and 1:00, the Lions absolutely dominated the Cowboys. On offense, M. Stafford seemed to hit his receivers at will, connecting with Megatron for 3 scores while R. Bush and L. Bell seemed to have canyons to run through. "We're humbled, that's for sure. We played great defense vs the Eagles but, this game? This was a complete letdown", said the Coach.

On defense the Lions were just as tough. Though the running game once again was clicking for Dallas with L. Dunbar, Romo was back to his inefficient self, thanks in part to his receivers not being able to get away from the constant press coverage of the Lions' CBs. The Cowboy OL also seemed to have a hard time pass blocking the Lions' DL. So after 3qtrs and 1:00, it was 35-21, Detroit.

Then Dallas woke up. After Johnson scored his 3rd TD, Romo engineered a scoring drive using the no-huddle. His first pass was intercepted however, there was a clipping penalty against the Lions on the play, giving Dallas the ball back. With new life, Romo drove the offense down the field. He would find L. Dunbar wide open for the TD making it 35-28, Detroit. On the very next drive, with Stafford trying to force a throw his WR N. Burleson, SS B. Church stepped in front of the throw, getting the ball back for the offense. This drive also ended in a Romo to Dunbar pass, making it 35-35 all.

On the very next drive, E. Sims, who was subbing for B. Carter, who was subbing at MLB for an injured S. Lee, undercut a Megatron route and picked Stafford off, giving the offense the ball back. The Dallas offense was gassed and it showed as they could not get a first down to run out the clock. A 3rd down sack of Romo forced the FG attempt and in comes D. Bailey for the game winner from 38yds out w/1:24 to go.

With Detroit needing 3 to tie, Stafford would go to work. 1st down, pressure from D. Ware caused an incomplete pass. On 2nd down, Stafford tried to hit his TE C. Morrah, who was split out wide and matched up on B. Carr. Bad move as the Cowboys' INT leader got another one to seal the win.

Dallas returns home as they prepare to face another top-notch runner in Adrian Peterson...

• Like Like x 3
  2. heathh

heathh Walk On

GG man.. I hope I get to the playoffs so we can meet again!

You stole this one from me..

• Like Like x 1
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Wow, I am pretty sure the Lions got robbed here. I don't think clipping on a return gives the ball back to the other team.

• Like Like x 4
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Correct. I sent you a message regarding....

5. heathh

heathh Walk On

Oh yea here we go guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. heathh

heathh Walk On

what a bummer!!!! I will get it next time though!!!!

7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Yea clipping doest give the ball back...thats shitty. Sorry to hear Heath.

Penalty shouldve been declined haha

8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

While I agree that the ball should have never been give back to Dallas, I can't hold the decision to accept against Moe. This is the first time I have seen this scenario, I may have unknowingly accepted myself if put in the same situation. This will be addressed going forward.

• Like Like x 3
  9. heathh

heathh Walk On

Yea I don't think he understood what happened! I did pause the game and tell him that was a glitch and should d be my ball.

But definitely 90% believe he was clueless about what happened.

The sad thing was he got the ball back, and got the Penalty yards. Very next play he hit his TE on a 15yd pass, which I made him fumble. He recovered the fumble, and ran no Huddle.
    (Would think in real life they would stop to review it. Cause there was a pile up.)

At that point he went on to score 17 unanswered point's! Its like the game swung in his favor after that.

Just a bummer and I want revenge!

10. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Even on the clip Heath posted you can see the "FLAG" indicator come up right at the time of the interception. You can see #23 going low on Williams as he is making the INT. During the game I assumed the clip call came before the INT, accepted and got the ball back. In the heat of a game, and not having the luxury of reviewing the play, I don't think anyone here would decline. And I don't think I should be criticized for accepting. But that's just my opinion.
    The game may have swung in my favor but I think 3 INTs in the 4th qtr would affect momentum more than one penalty. But, again, that's just my opinion...

• Like Like x 1
  11. heathh

heathh Walk On

Well you know what they say about opinions?

If I had the ball in that situation. I would have been running more. I was on your 35yd line I would have at least ran another min off clock and put 3 points on the board. To make it a about a 3 score game.

Instead I was forced to throw so yea I turned the ball over!

But hey you won. I just want tp make playoffs and see how it goes.
    Good luck the rest of the way!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013