Dallas Escapes the Desert with a Win

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, Feb 26, 2014.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

What a game. Dallas seemed to be in command early as J. Echevaria and D. Bryant played like a couple of men among boys. OLB B. Carter also met M. Lynch man-style on Arizona's first drive, causing a fumble that D. Ware recovered. From there it was all Dallas as the Cardinals could not get going on offense, losing their starting QB for the game in the 2nd qtr. But down 21-6, they mounted a furious comeback, picking off Echevaria twice in the 2nd half. One was a forced pass but the other, a beautiful read by the SS who seemed to fly acorss the field from right to left and pick off a pass intended for WR T. Williams inside the redzone, stalling a Dallas drive.

With the score tied 21-21 and time running out, Arizona attempted a 66yd FG that fell short, giving Dallas great field position with 2 TOs. Dallas was on the move but on 2nd down, Echevaria was sacked for a loss, out of FG range and forced to use their last TO.

In OT the Cowboys won the toss and received the ball. Echevaria once again got the boys moving but the play of the game was a 52yd pass to Bryant on 3rd down to give Dallas the ball in the redzone. A few plays later, Echevaria would find D. Harris for the winning score.

GG Miki!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Congrats on the win Moe! Sounds like a heck of a game!

A 66yd FG??? WOW! That would be quite a poke, even for Crosby!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

great game Moe, nothing seem to work early and Dez was running wide open and making all kinds of catches.

Regarding the long FG i was so pissed off that i change to a pass play on the previews play. When all i had to do was run it up the middle and gain a couple of yards and it would had been and easy 45 to 48 yard FG to win the game. Instead i was like let me trick his defense and throw it for the winning score... well i was wrong i got sacked and the rest is history. Also, i though that once u field a miss FG in the endzone u take it to the 20 yard line. But i was wrong on that one as well.

It has been that kind of season...

OH well there is always next season right.

CaptMoe
    LtJustice

• Like Like x 3
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I feel your pain Mike. ;)

• Like Like x 1