Dallas Evens Record; Again

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, Oct 9, 2014.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

This team seems to be destined for a .500 record. But another game like today may have them staring at a losing record, come season's end. Give the Eagles credit for taking advantage of the opportunities given them. L. McCoy broke a tackle and then broke off a long run late in the 1st to set up a 1st and goal for Philly. After 2 runs by D. Sproles were stuffed by the Cowboys, Shady re-entered the game to punch it in from the 1yd line. On the next possession, Romo served up a nice pick 6 to CB C. Williams to give Philly a 14-0 lead. Normally that's nothing to sneeze at but, these Dallas receivers were guilty of some crucial drops in this game. The opportunity to pull away from Philly, or close the gap, was there on numerous occasions. But the execution wasn't there. The Philly DL also applied good pressure hurrying some throws and creating a sack/strip of Romo in the 2nd half.
    Enter Dez Bryant. Finally, he put together the type of game that a stud WR is expected to deliver. Late in the 2nd he got Dallas on the board beating man coverage for a 12yd TD. With the Cowboy defense doing it's best to limit the Eagle offense to FGs (2 for 4 in the 2nd half), the offense got back on track. In the 4th, Romo would find TE J. Hanna for another score to make it 20-14, Philly. Sproles, filling in for an injured McCoy, would get stuffed and Dallas would force a punt with under 2:00 to go. A couple of plays later, with the ball on the 37yd line, Romo would loft a prayer to Bryant in single coverage. The DB misplayed the ball, Dez made the catch and took it to the house for the 63yd TD and a 21-20 Cowboy lead.
    Philly would move the ball into Dallas territory but would stall at the 40yd line. A 57yd FG attempt to win the game would fall short.
    Great game, Miki!!! Thought you had this one in the bag...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

good game moe, i thought i had this one as well, oh well its been that kind of season for me... at least most of my games have been fun ones, looking forward to the rematch

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1