Dallas Looking to build on Playoff Season

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, Mar 24, 2014.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

The Cowboys are looking to build on what turned into a surprising 12-4 season in 2017. Getting into the playoffs is usually the goal for every team but, any diehard Dallas fan would be lying if they said they knew the Cowboys would post a double-digit win total. There were just too many unknowns with this team and they share a division with 2 solid, playoff caliber teams in the Giants and Eagles. So, now what?

Another double-digit win season is a real possibility. And the front office made sure it took the necessary steps to continue the team's success. A couple of players were signed in FA that could end up playing important roles this season and beyond. DE A. Maybin was signed for depth yet he has worked his way into the starting lineup at RE, replacing All-Pro DE D. Ware. This is actually good news for Ware who will fill more of a situational role as he nears the end of his career. RT G. Carimi also was signed to upgrade the RT spot. This spot had become a revolving door with D. Free and J. Parnell alternating starts. But the team elected not to re-sign Free this off-season and couldn't pass up the opportunity to sign Carimi, who will start ahead of Parnell.

The draft wasn't as successful for Dallas but, they did gain some depth at C and DT. Center T. Cuthbertson was selected in the 1st Rd (dumb CPU pick) and defensive tackle B. Holden in the 2nd. Holden displayed a nice combination of strength and speed in camp and beat out last year's #2 starter, S. Meeske. After posting 8 sacks last year, the coaches weren't looking to replace Meeske but, Holden just made more plays. Knowing they have a solid plan B, they didn't hesitate to throw him into the starting line up.

There is the belief that building a strong team begins in the trenches. Dallas hopes that turns out to be true in their case as they head into the 2018 season with a solid line on both sides of the ball. Stay tuned...

• Like Like x 4
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Don't sleep on the Redskins. ;)

3. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Never take Jon for granted...

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'd like to see Jon swift kick the entire NFC East right square in the nuts.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

That's why I never take him for granted. I expect that to happen every time I play him...