Dallas Nor'easter Leaves Foxboro in Shambles

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, Apr 23, 2013.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Every coach wants to motivate and inspire his players to rise to the occasion and deliver a lights out performance when you're facing great teams. However, the coach never really knows how his players will actually play. He can only HOPE his tactics succeed. Take the Dallas Cowboys. Faced with a road trip into a hostile environment. Having to defend Brady & Co. And go up against the Mastermind on defense himself. What could the Cowboys' coach expect?

He certainly didn't expect this: Dallas receives the ball and on the first play from scrimmage, T. Romo finds J. Hanna, squeezes the ball between 2 defenders and Hanna does the rest, scoring from 80yds out. 7-0, Dallas.
    Then the defense showed up. On the Pats 1st play, Brady tried the same move except he wasn't as successful, getting picked off by B. Carter. Dallas wouldn't score but then Brady fell victim to this refreshed defense again. Under heavy pressure, he tried to get rid of the ball as he was hit. The ball floated in the air and SS D. McCray snatched it and returned it 62yds for the score. 14-0, Dallas.

Romo would put together another solid drive and would find J. Hanna again, from 12yds out, for another TD. 21-0, Dallas. Brady finally got the offense going and scored their 1st TD with :15 left in the half, an 18yd strike to WR M. Baker. The 2nd half would find Brady getting hot and directing the offense down to the 6yd line before finding Gronk for a TD, 21-14, Dallas. And the comeback was on.

SCREEEEEECH!!! That was the sound of the comeback coming to a halt. D. Murray would hit the hole behind key blocks by his OL, and would follow RT D. Free for a 53yd TD run, pulling Dallas ahead 28-14. The Pats would never recover. B. Church would pick off Brady in the endzone late in the 4th, a turnover that sealed the deal for Dallas.
    Dallas improves to 3-3 and now enters a 3 week stretch vs the CPU. This team has proven to be capable of beating the CPU, having won a Super Bowl*. What will their record be after week 10? Stay tuned...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

3 weeks?! Ouch.

3. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

And my bye week mixed in so, I won't be playing for about a week and a half which works out for me, cause I'll be away this weekend and next... :)

4. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

i have the same damn thing coming up... sucks :(