Dallas Remains Unbeaten with 34-31 win over Philly

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, Feb 2, 2014.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

The Cowboys faced their biggest challenge to date, as the Eagles came in to this game determined to match Dallas punch for punch. And for all but the last 2:00 of the game, they did exactly that. Every quarter ended with the score tied. No one team could pull away as every time one scored, the other came right back and did the same. Pick the QB off? No problem, the ensuing drive would just end up in an interception as well. The only thing the Eagles could not do was recover a fumble. 3 times Dallas put the ball on the ground. All 3 times a Cowboy offensive player made the critical recovery to keep drives alive. Dallas did end up with a 2nd INT of QB B. Greenlea. And it led to the weirdest play of the game. CB M. Claiborne intercepted a pass intended for TE Greenwald in the redzone late in the 3rd qtr. The Eagles were flagged for a facemask on the play. Dallas was then awarded the ball on the Eagles' 20 and faced a 3rd and 63. However, a 6yd pass resulted in a 1st and 10. This was the mother of all glitches. Dallas had already gained momentum with the INT but what would've happened without that penalty will never be known. Dallas converted the opportunity into a TD.

However, the Eagles wouldn't quit. The offense simply marched down the field and L. McCoy, who didn't find much running room, caught a 7yd pass for the game tying TD. Dallas would get the ball back and, led by HB L. Dunbar, went on a clock-killing drive that ended in a FG as time expired for the 34-31 win.

Dunbar was the MVP, rushing for 179yds and doing a good job of filling in for the injured D. Murray. And speaking of injuries, there were NONE in this game for either team. ZERO. Amazing.

GG Kris...

• Like Like x 1
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

LtJustice
    Michael Overman

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Crazy glitch there, I haven't heard of anything remotely that bizarre in this release.

Congrats on the win Moe! Great start!

• Like Like x 1
  4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I haven't seen a screw up like this in ANY release...

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Moe - I agree. I havent seen it either. I agree that you may have scored anyway. Of course, that also means you may not have had the 2 1/2 minutes at the end of the game to score either.... :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

good point...

7. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

• Like Like x 1