Damn You EA Sports!!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mallard Muscle, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Mallard Muscle

Mallard Muscle Blue Chip Prospect

Damn You EA Sports!!!!

Alright, I'm not expecting anyone to believe me because well, I'd be a little hesitant myself, but it's likely that it will show I've started my game against Boise State twice.

I swear to all of you on any and everything that I played the game and won 43-7. In fact I even did a huge write up on the game, but that could also be what I did wrong. Immediately after playing the game I started writing a summary. I was going back and forth looking at stats and specific scoring situations to make it very detailed. It took me all of about 30 minutes to complete.

When I was done I finally exited the game and apparently that's far too long for EA Sports shitty servers to handle. As it tried to put me back into the dynasty I got a message that the dynasty servers were not available. After hitting the "retry again" option a few times I decided it wasn't probably working and decided to exit to the dashboard. At this point I was praying. It didn't work. I logged back into the dynasty, and yup, I still haven't played my game. Sweet. Thanks EA. I don't have time tonight to play and do a report again, so tomorrow will be when we find out what it says after I play the game again.

Just to support my point. I'll post part of my write up. I want to leave a lot out because to be honest, I spend a lot of time on it and don't want to waste the material.

Week 1 - #12 Oregon @ #14 Boise State
    ...detailed backgound info...

...real footage youtube video...

The Ducks started the game with a game plan in mind but they had difficulty executing smoothly early in the game. After the first of five Morgan Flint field goals Masoli drove the Ducks inside of the Boise State 20 yard line and hooked up with true Freshman Wide Receiver Diante Jackson. Jacksons first career reception turned into his first career touchdown and began what looks to be a promising collegiate career as a Duck.

After two more Morgan Flint field goals the Ducks smothering defense made an assignment error and used poor tackling technique which allowed Boise State Senior Fullback Richie Brockel to rumble 61 yards for a touchdown.

As it turns out, it wasn't just the Ducks defense that wanted to see the Broncos bleed. Only a minute after giving up the long touchdown to Brockel, Masoli hooked up with Jackson again on a 32 yard touchdown pass which carried the Ducks into halftime leading 23-7.

..lots of good stuff..

On the next Broncos possession Oregon Junior Rover Marvin Johnson anticipated a Kellen Moore pass perfectly and took it 70 yards to the house. The collective energy of the Bronco fans was taken out in one final blow and the fans headed to the parking lot.

Flint tacked on two more field goals as the Ducks pounded the football for the last quarter and a half. They held their heads high in a game they'd worked so hard to prepare for. Final score Oregon 43, Boise State 7.

Offensive Player of the Game: Freshman Wide Receiver, Diante Jackson: 5 receptions, 142 yards, 3 touchdowns. 5 carries, 39 yards.

Defensive Player of the Game: Junior Rover, Marvin Johnson: 5 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 1 interception, 1 touchdown.

Special Teams Player of the Game: Senior Kicker, Morgan Flint: Field Goals 29, 49, 36, 34, 48. 4-4 Extra Points.

2. Mallard Muscle

To further prove my point. I've uploaded the Marvin Johnson INT I described in my write up. Going to bed now. I'm pissed off.
    [YOUTUBE]
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cPdgQxQocnk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cPdgQxQocnk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    [/YOUTUBE]​

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I believe you. Same thing happened to me yesterday.

If this ever happens again, what you need to do is just unplug/plug back in your ethernet cord. Sign back into live, let it connect you with EA servers...from there just keep clicking okay, and everything will register.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This.

I've had that happen a number of times.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I don't even unplug. I hit the giant circular "X" button (the one that brings you to your friends list), hit "x" to log out, then "x" again to log back in.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This has nothing to do with the servers but man that may be the most ugly combo of field and uniforms I have ever seen.

(y)

7. Mallard Muscle

I was trying to out-ugly the Smurf Turf.

Thanks for understanding guys. I'll be on tonight to get my game in.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

hmm... in all my dynasty games it's been saying "successfully uploaded to server" immediately after the game ends... it doesn't wait for you to exit the game to update the server anymore... as soon as it takes you to the menu screen it should upload.

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i've learned the hard way (last year), as soon as the game ends...get whatever highlights you want and get the fock out. get any stats from the main menu/team schedule later. save it as soon as you can to avoid anything like this. sucks man

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm 90% certain that the "successfully uploaded to server" message after the game ends is only for the season showdown stuff. I get that after the game ends. Then once I finally exit the game, my game results are uploaded to the OD server which is something different.

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

This happened to me last night too but after a serious butt kicking at the hands of Georgia Tech (I'm Southern Miss)...I also lost DeAndre Brown for the season (collar bone). Had to sim it and lost 24-31. Now I have to bury Brown on my DC and hope he won't transfer at the end of the season. (!!!)

I learned I just need to upload highlights then go get my stats from the dynasty...Duh.