Data Request: Questions

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    All,

Similar to the CFM Data Request, I thought I'd give you guys another opportunity to get some questions answered. All year long I hear stuff like, "What does X do?" and "Does this happen when I Y?", and no one has good answers, not even the Game Changers.

I see one of my critical functions as a Game Changer to be community education. We spend quite a bit of time in discussion with EA's designers, and if I had a list of questions to try to get answer for, I would be able to mix them into conversation.

So, I'm going to compile a list of things YOU want to know, so I can try to see if I can start getting answers.

Shoot.

Shaun

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    List:
    • What does Awareness (AWR) do?
    • What does Awareness (AWR) do for quarterbacks?
    • What does Ball Carrier Vision (BCV) do?
    • What ratings are only used by the simulation engine?
    • Does wind effect the passing game?
    • What does the production grade in scouting mean?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

An in-depth explanation of what awareness does. I have heard so many theories and explanations.. I just want to hear it from them in detail. Definitively tell me how it affects my quarterback.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Keep them coming. List updated.

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

What does ball carrier vision rating do?
    what is the list of ratings that are considered ratings that impact user vs user games (and sim games)
    what is the list of ratings that are considered ratings that impact only sim games. There has been talk about throwing accuracy rating is just for sim purposes and some say AWR as well. Would be nice to know which ones are simply for simming purposes, if this is even true.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DadiBlanki

DadiBlanki Walk On

- Why has there never been a catching mechanic implemented into the engine for Kicking Team players keeping a punt from going into the endzone?
    - Why can't I have a wind indicator when I'm selecting whether to punt or kick FG?
    - Does wind effect QB passing in any way? (I doubt it does, but would love to hear if they've thought of it)
    - What does production rating in scouting do?
    - What's the deal with Music and Madden? No "licensed" Music on the Menus, but you can hear some iterations of songs as in-game stadium sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    These aren't questions about existing items that aren't clear, they are feature requests.

They licensed music from NFL Films for the menus, it's a decision they made. The in-game stadium songs are songs they licensed to help recreate the NFL experience.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Are those last two questions the same question or am I misunderstanding?

9. BigK44

BigK44 Walk On

Why on daddyleagues do QBs have an attribute shown called THA (throw accuracy) but it doesn't show in game? And what is it used for? And how does it get upgraded?

10. BigK44

BigK44 Walk On

Does CFM use something similar to MUT in that it has a team specialty? Like in MUT how certain players have like +2 short pass to your team specialty and having all the same specialty makes your team better. Does CFM have something like that built in if everyone is the scheme it makes them play better overall?

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I can tell you that you do not need to worry about the THA (it does nothing) rating. Just focus on the SAC, MAC, DAC.

12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I guess I am not following clearly, Can you expand on this?

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    What does the intangible & physical rating in scouting mean?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Intangible = skill, physical = talent.

Speed, jumping, etc. = Physical
    Route Running, Ball Carrier Vision, etc. = Intangible.

• Like Like x 1
  16. IlluminatusUIUC

IlluminatusUIUC Walk On

• What is the difference (if any) between using the face buttons and using the stick for juke moves? And how specifically does the precision modifier affect that?
    • What exactly is the difference between Awareness, Play Rec, and coverage skills for a defender?
    • What is the benefit (if any) of buying multiple pass rush moves for a defender?
    • Are deception plays (draws, screens, play action, counters, etc) affected only by the defender's ratings or also the game situation?
    • How does the lead blocker choose who to block? There doesn't seem to be any consistency or logic that I can find.
    • How does the game decide which pass rush move (power or finesse) to prompt you for?

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The pass rush traits enhance the ratings. For instance the Bull rush trait is going to help power moves and block shedding, and the swim move trait is going to be geared towards finesse.

The game doesn't decide to prompt you for either move, you choose those moves when you are using the dlineman. If you use the wrong move he will lose stamina faster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. charter04

charter04 Walk On

1. What does the impact blocking rating do?

I've always thought it only affects blocking in the open field. Like being able to pancake a guy on a play when the linemen are pulling?

2. Does the RTE rating help when the defense is in zone?

3. Do the CIT or SPC ratings help the defenders any when making an INT?

• Like Like x 2