Dat's Recruiting System

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Razcalking1978, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Dat's Recruiting System

Just a quick post to say that I think Dat's recruiting system was a stroke of genius. It's certainly made recruiting more competitive, interesting and engaging, even if I'm not one of the teams in the thick of things. Kudos.

(y)

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah we had a lot of really crazy bad ideas that would have needed some serious algebra to figure out who i could recruit. But Dat came up with a simple system that promoted competition and kept the big recruits in the schools they would normally go to. And then he stole them all.

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Ha...thanks?

So far it looks pretty good. I like the distribution of the bonus guys so far. Pretty realistic. Top guys are getting plenty of attention, which builds our interest in each other's teams down the road. I look at a guy like CB Aaron Gaines (#60) and without this system ND probably would have got him because I'm guessing Florida could have got a different higher rated CB. But because of the value of bonus recruits Basis and I end up duking it out for him, with a couple others. I'm sure AG will follow G Mike Carr's progress. And I'll probably be watching Florida's 2 CB's I finished 2nd on wondering "what if?".

I am a bit surprised by the number of bonus recruits that aren't being pursued by any users so far. I figured almost all of them would have at least one school after them. It's a bit early though.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've only gone after the guys that were interested and those that I could use. I was surprised at how many of the bonus guys didn't give 2 craps about Michigan. I think there were even at least 2 punters in that list and Michigan has a need for a punter (the new guy will start immediately) and none of them seemed to have even heard of Michigan before. In the end I think I only had 7 bonus guys in my list at the beginning and I've lost most of them.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

This has def. made recruiting much more interesting...Before we could just go in and go hog wild, recruiting anyone who had a green dot...Now, we have to actually think about which recruit we really need/want compared to other positions, our total numbers, our prestige numbers, etc. Totally changed the game...

I only wish we could have two 5* guys (not including bonus guys, etc.)...

Lovin' it...

JHeb

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I second that!

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Now I know who the second team who offered a scholly to that punter Colley? is. Don't worry he'll redshirt and sit the pine until his third year.:p

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Or do you? ;)

See, I don't get EVERYONE I want.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'll trade you him and a future 4 star for McFarland. Plus I havent signed the guy yet, you'll probably still get him.