Dawg Talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tbishop82, Jan 26, 2012.

1. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

images (1).jpg
    Home for all things Georgia!

images.jpg

2. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

images (2).jpg
    Coach Bishop gets his first career bowl win as Uga wins the Music City Bowl over Boston College. Uga's defense played lights out and only allowed 64 total yards. BC's lone score came on a scoop and score fumble recovery by DL Kevin Fenton. UGA was led by Jr. RB Demetrius Russell who rushed for 2 TDs and 181 yards on 20 carries. Jay Rome was the leading reciever for the Dawgs as he recorded 64 yards on 5 catches. WR Tommy McNeil added a 8 yard TD catch to ice the game in the fourth. Dawg Talk will have Coach Bishop in studio later this week for his season review show.

3. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

With national signing day less than a month away, UGA has locked up it's new recruiting class. While small, its 14 member class is focused on depth at the offensive line, and at the skill positions on offense and at defensive back. It's highlighted by 5 members of the ESPNU 150. #9 RB Matt McDonald chose the Dawgs over North Carolina and Florida who flirted heavily with the power back from Mirmar, Florida. #9 prep QB Dave Nugent committed to the Dawgs over Florida, Bama, FSU and BYU. He led Key West (Fla.) High to their first playoff appearance in 20 years. He is expected to compete for the QB job next year. "David is a very polished QB, but there is a big difference between Key West High and LSU." Shane Martin will be counted on immediately to provide depth at tackle. He chose UGA over South Carolina. "I was tickled that we landed Shane out of South Carolina. He is an intense lineman and I think that's something we lacked last year on the offensive line." Another recruit that's not drawing a lot of interest from fans, but will play a lot on offense is TE Skyler Wilcox. UGA graduated it's top 2 TE's. "He'll get a shot to win the job. He has to come in and compete."

recruit1.1.PNG
    recruit1.2.PNG
    recruit1.3.PNG
    recruit1.4.PNG

4. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

The season is right around the corner and Dawg Talk is pleased to bring you the annual season preview.

On offense the Dawgs are looking for more explosive plays from the skill positions. The Dawgs will hand the QB spot over to Sophomore Cole Evans. Evans has limited playing experience. He'll be expected to manage the game and take care of the football. UGA's most valuable offensive player will be RB Demetrius Russell. He rushed for over 1,100 yards and 14 TDs last year for the Music City Bowl champions.
    [​IMG]
    UGA's leading receiver last year is now in the NFL and the Dawgs will have to rely on mostly inexperienced but promising receivers. Leading the way at WR will be the lone SR Thomas Barrett. Barrett hauled in 25 passes and 400 yards last year. Behind Barrett are 2 talented Sophmore receivers in Tyler McNeil and Paul Davis. They combined for 50 receptions and 500 yards last year as true freshman. Georgia will start true freshman Skyler Wilcox at TE. The Dawgs offensive line lacked depth last year and UGA hopes to play up to 9 OL per game this season.

The defensive side of the ball looks to be UGA's strength this season. UGA returns all starting DL and DB's. They are led by junior All-American free safety Kevin Pierce. Pierce was all over the field last year as he recorded 63 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 2 sacks and 5 interceptions.
    [​IMG]
    Georgia is led by All-American DT Rory Hammond on the DL. Hammond led UGA with 11 sacks and 15 tackles last year as a sophomore. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

104831_crop_340x234.jpg
    Georgia Wins Opener 41-15
    UGA forced 2 first quarter turnovers and never looked back as they defeated Central Florida 41-15 Saturday night in Athens. Preseason All-American RB Demetrius Russell led the way for the Dawgs with 146 yards and 2 TDs on 20 carries. First year starting quarterback Cole Evans hit his first 5 passes including a 23 yard scoring strike to Thomas Barrett. Evans finished 8-14 for 68 yards and 2 TDs. Georgia's fans also caught a glimpse of the future as freshman RB Matt McDonald rushed for 62 yards in his college debut.
    Defensively UGA shut down the over matched UCF offense all night. The junk yard dawg defense only allowed 135 yards of offense. Senior CB Stanley Jenkins led the defense with a first quarter pick six.
    "I thought we played well overall, but we have got to work on a few things before Boise State comes in next week. I think the guys came out and played hard, but we have to execute. We had too many dropped passes and missed tackles. We'll work hard on correcting those issues."
    UGA will be back in action next week as the Boise State Broncos come to Athens.
    central.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  6. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

boise.PNG
    UGA outlasts Boise State 22-20 in Athens. Boise st seemed to be over matched early until a 97 yard yard energized their sideline. Georgia was led by RB's Demetrius Russell and Matt McDonald, and WR Thomas Barrett who had a career day in receptions and yards. "Boise really pressed our receivers, and I understand that. The wanted to make our young QB beat them, and he did. I'm proud of him." (Stats are unavailable at this time...EA glitch I'm guessing).

• Like Like x 2
  7. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

carolina2.PNG
    No Easy, No Problem

#2Carolina rolls over #16UGA 38-14 at Williams-Brice Stadium. Carolina's rushing attack was unstoppable as they rushed for 332 yards on 43 carries. They were led by running back Marcus Harries' 221 yards on 27 carries. His highlight of the day was his 2nd quarter 88 yard run. He broke numerous tackles and outraced everyone to paydirt. QB James Jordon got in on the action as well as he rushed 12 times for 72 yards. He broke free from several sacks to gain positive yards for the cocks. "We really didn't do anything well. We couldn't run, throw, catch and damn sure couldn't tackle anyone. We'll be in full pads this week at practice." -Coach Bishop
    images (3).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

images (4).jpg

UGA's kicker misses 3 as Dawgs lose second game in a row-

The Dawgs fall to 2-2 after losing 27-24 to Arkansas at home. UGA kicker Adam George missed 3 FGs and Arkansas drove 60 yards in the final 30 seconds to win in Athens. UGA dominated the stats but allowed Arkansas to win with a last second FG just minutes after Adam George had a 43 yard attempt clank off the uprights. QB Cole Evans threw for 403 yards in the loss. WR Travis McNeil sets a school record with 206 yards receiving on 6 receptions. Leading the defense was All-American DT Rory Hammond who recorded 5 tackles for loss including 3 sacks. UGA outgained Arkansas 505 to 299 but came up on the losing end. "It doesn't matter what the stats say, it's all about the scoreboard. You know we fix one thing and then another things kills us. We just can't seem to go over the hump." In addition to the 3 missed FGs UGA alowed a 101 yard kickoff return for a TD after taking the lead in the 4th. UGA also allow 2 other long returns that resulted in points for Arky. UGA is on the road next week to face the Tigers of Louisiana State.
    images (5).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Man, that's rough. Maybe the kid will get a shot at a game winner next week.

10. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

That is a tough one to take.

11. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

I'm telling you brother! Tough!

12. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

Yeah man after clanking the first one, I over corrected on the second one and the last one I just let the pressure get to me!

13. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

unlucky man i just aim my kicks way right as i always kick them a bit left lol

14. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

images (6).jpg
    UGA Sneaks Out a Win in Louisiana 13-10

What a difference a week makes. Last weeks goat (kicker Adam George) is this weeks hero. He connected on a 37 yard FG as time expired to lift the Dawgs to victory on the road in Baton Rogue over #14 LSU. "You know last week was tough, but this feels so good right now. I think I'm going to reactivate my facebook and twitter accounts." UGA's running game was held in check by a stingy LSU run defense, but UGA sophomore QB Cole Evans found just enough room in the LSU secondary to lead the Dawgs to victory. UGA's game winning drive was setup by Thomas Barret's 24 yard punt return with under a minute to play.

LSU went into halftime with a 7-3 advantage after a 26 yard run by E.Sullivan. LSU tacked on a FG in the 3rd to go into the 4th with a 10-3 advantage. The turning point in the game came as a LSU pass was picked off by UGA. UGA cashed in on the short field with a Evans throw to freshman TE Skylar Wilcox to tie the game with 2:05 to play. UGA's defense held LSU to a three and out to set the stage for their victory.
    images (7).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

Prophet? Or did you just sleep at a Holiday Inn?

16. The Dude

Good win. bdub's no pushover.

17. bdub

bdub Walk On

Great game bishop, you play tough defense and ball control offense. I felt like I hardly had the ball on offense. Now please go and beat easy for me.

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

We don't play, but don't worry you will get a crack at me for the chance to play in the SEC title game.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  19. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

Way to bounce back

20. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

tenn2.PNG
    The Dawgs invaded Knoxvegas and won in a rout 41-0. UGA's defense was dominating and allowed only 86 yards of total offense. The big play on defense was came on a sack and forced fumble by DT Rory Hammond. The fumble was picked up by freshman DE David Howard who raced 54 yards for 6. The offense was led by two first quarter TD runs by starter Demetrius Russell and backup RB Matt McDonald. McDonald's moves and burst got the visiting crowd buzzing on his 34 yard TD run. UGA's 2nd team offense and defense played almost all of the second half. "I'm proud of our guys today. We really played a complete game. Some of those second teamers got in there and really played well. They know they are only one play away from being the starter." images (8).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

images (9).jpg
    UGA beats Vandy at home 34-21
    UGA was given a scare by the 0-6 Commodores, but outlasted Vandy in Athens 34-21. Vandy's passing attack gave the Dawgs fits all day but the junkyard dawg defense got just enough stops to win. The Vanderbilt QBs combined to go 38-47 for a whopping 424 yards. Vanderbilt's rush defense was attacked by the Russell-McDonald duo. They combined for 253 yards rushing on just 22 carries. UGA had a few recruits in attendance but expects atleast 5 4* recruits in town next week as they host Missouri. UGA is still looking for their first commit of the season.
    vandy2.PNG

22. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

miaa2.PNG
    Missouri fumbles in Athens-
    Missouri fumbled times 6 times in the 27-15 rain soaked game (including a scoop and score by UGA DE Brandon Thompson). "I think almost every game we've played has been in a rainstorm. So far it's worked in our advantage." Sophomore QB Cole Evans went 19-26 for 198 yards and a TD. "Cole is feeling more confident as the year has progressed. The one pick he had today was on me. We've been trying to get him to throw down field more and he just lobbed one up." The defense played lights out in the 1st half and kind of played safe the 2nd half. "We just kept everything in front of us. We didn't want to get beat deep. We've got to get more pressure on the QB though. We are getting eating up when we give him all day to throw." Just will travel to Jacksonville next week to play the Gaytors in the World Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.

23. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

florida2.PNG
    UGA loses to Florida again. Coach Bishop was brought in to elevate the program to the next level, and it just hasn't happened. They can't seem to beat the top tier teams in the conference. Florida RB Marcus Rawls rushed for 262 yards on 28 carries and 2 TDs. He broke tackles all game long. He added 57 yards recieving to up his totals to more than 300 total yards from scrimmage and 3 TDs. JR QB Jay Walker completed 73% of his passes for 3 TDs. "They were unstoppable. I don't know what else to say. We couldn't get them off the field, and that forced us to throw the ball after we fell behind big." Floridas defense was just as good. They harassed UGA Qb Cole Evans all night and registered an unbelievable 14 pass deflections. "We had open receivers, but they had super DL and LBs who tipped what seemed like every pass." Evans finished with 300 yards on 45 attempts. UGAs recievers had 5 dropped passes. "It was more of the same in this loss. When we are bad, we are bad. We get no running game, no pass rush, no one wants to catch the ball. It's frustrating, and it's not Georgia football."
    images (10).jpg

24. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

images (12).jpg
    Dawgs escape Lexington with a 31-28 win over a one win Kentucky team. Georgia was fortunate to win the game and didn't take their first lead until 2:52 remaining in the contest. UGA had more total offense, but several drives stalled or were ended by turnovers. "We just came out flat. We were riding high after a victory over #10 Auburn last week. I hate to say it, but I think we over looked Kentucky and we probably should've lost. I think my guys were looking for an easy win and were more interested in how the Auburn-Carolina game was going." UGA was held to 99 yards rushing on 41 attempts and was stopped on third and short several times. The dawgs were led by RB Demetrius Russell 101 yards and 3 short TD runs and by QB Cole Evans and his 281 yards passing. UGA will be back at home to end the regular season against Georgia Tech. If Auburn can win at home against Carolina UGA will represent the east in the SEC conference game. Early projections have the dawgs possibly playing Wisconsin in Tampa for the outback bowl.
    images (11).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  25. The Dude

I'm an Auburn fan for a week. It would be a great story if you made the title game.