Day 2 FA Results

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Day 2 FA Results

Players in red are now locked in. The team thats in the lead is the team that now owns that player. Please update your spreadsheets.

This should be final. Again I need to point some things out. If you're going to bid against someone, you must EXCEED their bid if you wish to overtake them and it be a legitimate bid. There were a couple cases where someone bid the exact same amount; that is an INVALID bid. Now I'm sorry if that wasn't clear in the rules but I think its pretty logical to assume that if you don't outbid someone you're not going to win a player.

Also remember, some of you did not submit ebay bids for your players. I would HIGHLY recommend that if you want to win your players. Even if you ebay bid 20/20, you're in good shape. I submitted an ebay bid for everyone of my players, for example. I will add this new example below to the FA rules to help you guys out in the future.

Ex.
    Player X's going rate is 4$/2$sb from FA day 1. Its now day 2. You're in the lead so you submit an ebay bid of 10$/10$sb (you really want this guy.) Someone else submits a bid, not an ebay (he can't because hes not in the lead for a player,) for 4$/3sb$. Guess what, your bid only goes up to 4$/4$sb AND you're still in the lead with the ability to keep your ebay bid active for the next FA period.

Also, for Seahawks/Geiger, sorry I'm calling you out in the forums but I don't think its really that big of a deal, everyones learning this whole thing together. Anyway, I had to change your bids for them to be legitimate. You can't split the players required amount of money between salary and signing bonus. If his overall at his position demands that he be paid 6$ salary, thats what he must be paid. So since you had 3$/3$ anyway, I just went ahead and adjusted it so it was a legit bid. The other option would have been for me to disqualify your bids altogether. I suppose given the situation, I will allow you to retract your bids, if it really affects your decision that much.

Going forward though, I will not change bids NOR will I allow people to retract them. I'm only doing it in this case because I want you to get your players so I changed your bids for you and as such, you should have the option to say whether or not you actually want to do that.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Pos. Name Overall Contract Length Salary Signing Bonus Team in lead Interested teams
    FB BJ Askew 78 2 3$ 2$ Chiefs none[/COLOR]
    CB Shawn Springs 80 2 7$ 3$ Chargers Eagles, Chiefs
    DE Adewale Ogunleye 82 2 9$ 5$ Chiefs none[/COLOR]
    DT Cornelius Griffin 81 2 6$ 6$ Chiefs Chargers
    K Matt Stover 81 2 2$ 7$ Giants none[/COLOR]
    TE Joe Klopfenstein 72 3 2$ 7$ Giants none[/COLOR]
    QB Daunte Culpepper 71 2 4$ 3$ Giants none[/COLOR]
    WR Brandon Banks 55 1 1$ 1$ Chargers none[/COLOR]
    CB Ahmad Carrol 65 2 2$ 1$ Chargers none[/COLOR]
    TE Tom Santi 76 4 4$ 6$ Bills Dolphins
    RT Shane Olivea 76 4 4$ 2$ Dolphins none[/COLOR]
    LB Leon Williams 69 3 4$ 1$ Dolphins none[/COLOR]
    FS Ken Hamlin 76 4 4$ 2$ Dolphins Cowboys[/COLOR]
    DE Raheem Brock 78 2 6$ 0$ Packers none[/COLOR]
    QB Robert You 71 3 4$ 4$ Bills none[/COLOR]
    LB Adalius Thomas 77 2 4$ 4$ Bills Eagles[/COLOR]
    CB Ken Lucas 77 2 5$ 4$ Bills none[/COLOR]
    RT Stacy Andrews 77 4 6$ 4$ Bills none[/COLOR]
    FB Carey Davis 75 2 4$ 2$ Cardinals none[/COLOR]
    CB Anthony Henry 73 2 3$ 1$ Cardinals none[/COLOR]
    DE Dewayne White 75 2 7$ 1$ Seahawks none[/COLOR]
    LT Mike Gandy 81 2 6$ 0$ Seahawks
    OLB Aaron Schobel 76 2 4$ 0$ Seahawks
    CB Justin Miller 57 1 1$ 1$ Bills Dolphins

FA Day 3 is upon us. Remember that I will be sending out invites tomorrow night which means you have the option of playing your game IF you want to do so. FA day 4 will still happen whether or not you play your game. Oh, and if you do decide to play your week 1 game tomorrow night, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check to make sure you are not supposed to be playing a user. Just check the members list and match it against the team your playing to see if you're playing a user.

If this does happen, I will automatically kick you from the league, have the player who lost take over your team, and have them personally hand your team a loss in week 2. You will be invited back for week 3 when your team is 1-1 :), lol.

2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

cool cool me and the chief are going at it

3. Keller

It appears so, definitely going to be interesting to see who will go the highest AND how high it will go.

Under this system, I've seen 83overall CB's go for like 15/10, lol.

4. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

lol i refuse...

5. Keller

Lol alright Subkontraktor... all you gotta do is bid 15/10 and Shawn Springs is all yours, lmao.

6. Geiger52

Geiger52 Walk On

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the confusion, I did it late last night in a hurry. I appreciate it.