Day 3 FA results AND Kickoff

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    Day 3 FA results AND Kickoff

Again this is not final. I need to check the ages of all the "new" players that were bid on to ensure they were valid bids.

Also, the bids for Shawn Springs were tied guys, I had to do a tiebreak on my own. I basically looked at both rosters and saw who needed the player more so thats whos now in the lead for him. It doesn't mean that the bidding is over though, lol.

Its interesting seeing how people break up contracts. One bid had a high salary and lower SB while the other a higher SB and lower salary. Definitely interesting.

Anyway, much better at formatting this week guys. Every PM had a good subject line.

There were only a couple bids that lacked the proper formatting and, if you can remember, can you please designate in a bid whether a guy is 30 and older or not?

Now, on to more important things. As I mentioned, I will be sending out the invites for the league tonight. Day 4 of FA will go on as planned concurrently with the start of the season. Heres a checklist of things to do:
    1. Check your console for an invite to the SMFL. The password for the league will be "tradition"
    2. Update your spreadsheet with all the FA's you've signed. Join the league and pickup your FA's from the FA pool.
    3. Post in the roster management thread ANY changes you've made to your roster. This includes FA signings, cuts, trades and eventually drafted rookies that you are signing. When you're posting trades, please post if any draft picks were traded as well so we can keep track of them.
    4. If you have completed trades, organize with your trade partner when to "drop" players into FA. Essentially this has to be done as the trade functionality on the console limits you to only trade players after week 1. To get around that, simply drop the players into FA and pick them up. Just make sure you both know who all is dropping who.
    5. Make sure you're not playing a PvP in week 1. If you are organize with your opponent in the forum or over XBL.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Pos. Name Overall Contract Length Salary Signing Bonus Team in lead Interested teams
    FB BJ Askew 78 2 3$ 2$ Chiefs none[/COLOR]
    CB Shawn Springs 80 2 8$ 7$ Chiefs Eagles
    DE Adewale Ogunleye 82 2 9$ 5$ Chiefs none[/COLOR]
    DT Cornelius Griffin 81 2 6$ 6$ Chiefs Chargers[/COLOR]
    K Matt Stover 81 2 2$ 7$ Giants none[/COLOR]
    TE Joe Klopfenstein 72 3 2$ 7$ Giants none[/COLOR]
    QB Daunte Culpepper 71 2 4$ 3$ Giants none[/COLOR]
    WR Brandon Banks 55 1 1$ 1$ Chargers none[/COLOR]
    CB Ahmad Carrol 65 2 2$ 1$ Chargers none[/COLOR]
    TE Tom Santi 76 4 4$ 6$ Bills Dolphins[/COLOR]
    RT Shane Olivea 76 4 4$ 2$ Dolphins none[/COLOR]
    LB Leon Williams 69 3 4$ 1$ Dolphins none[/COLOR]
    FS Ken Hamlin 76 4 4$ 2$ Dolphins Cowboys[/COLOR]
    DE Raheem Brock 78 2 6$ 0$ Packers none[/COLOR]
    QB Robert You 71 3 4$ 4$ Bills none[/COLOR]
    LB Adalius Thomas 77 2 4$ 4$ Bills Eagles[/COLOR]
    CB Ken Lucas 77 2 5$ 4$ Bills none[/COLOR]
    RT Stacy Andrews 77 4 6$ 4$ Bills none[/COLOR]
    FB Carey Davis 75 2 4$ 2$ Cardinals none[/COLOR]
    CB Anthony Henry 73 2 3$ 1$ Cardinals none[/COLOR]
    DE Dewayne White 75 2 7$ 1$ Seahawks none[/COLOR]
    LT Mike Gandy 81 2 8$ 4$ Packers Seahawks
    OLB Aaron Schobel 76 2 4$ 4$ Giants Seahawks
    CB Justin Miller 57 1 1$ 4$ Bills Dolphins
    FS Daniel Bullocks 73 4 2$ 0$ Seahawks
    LT Herb Taylor 71 2 3$ 0$ Seahawks
    DT Dwayne Robertson 74 3 3$ 0$ Dolphins
    TE Garrett Mills 68 3 2$ 0$ Dolphins
    DT Grady Jackson 77 2 6$ 1$ Chargers

Something else I want to note, you have until the official trade deadline to resign players to new contacts. What this means is, if you have a player that only has 1 year left, and you want to take the signing bonus hit THIS year, then you can opt to resign a player IF you have the cap space. Sorry I did not mention this sooner - I'm only human, I make mistakes :(

At any rate, this should help some of you plan out your salary cap for season 2. Let me know if you have any questions.
  2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

Jul 26, 2010
    welp shawn springs will not be dawning a charger jersey this year.. the price of tea in china has gone too high
  3. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Aug 16, 2010
    DT Cornelius Griffin.... he's in Red. Does that mean that the he's a Chief? I thought he was still being bidded on.
  4. Keller

Apr 14, 2010
    Red means he belongs to the team in the lead.

If there was not a bid higher than your bid from FA day 2, he's yours. You put your Ebay bid on him, but it was not needed. To the victor go the spoils.
  5. stlmang

stlmang Walk On

Aug 16, 2010
    So Invites are going out tonight?
  6. Keller

Apr 14, 2010
    Yes sir.