dbl, duval, and juan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DJDunn6, Aug 3, 2011.

1. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

We have to do something here before 12. Gameplay aside or personal reason's but each are really pissing me off. Duval blew off an opponent 2 weeks in a row to play NCAA 12. Juan and dbl both checked in via PM and both have not played their games. Juan never posted a response week 15 and never posted at all week 16. Dbl arranged a game with lash and for the second week in a row went awol. I like db and I know he has had a tough year on a personal level but this is getting carried away with these guys.

I think we need to come up with a way where they get bumped down somehow. Let bada get moved up and those guys can get right back on the list next in. After all this redraft, fav team talk and we gave in to these spoiled brats (most of the league not just these 3) I am not in the mood to hold the Lions and the Texans for 2 people that could not give a darn about being active or participating right now. There are a limited amount of teams open for 12 as it is. Sorry rant over...

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I completely agree with you. We would boot people over this kind of stuff. Why are we not now?

I say that the Lions, Texans, and Broncos are now open to guys who want to take them for Madden 12. Since we are not doing the redraft, whomever wants those teams can take them now and have them for 12. If the people taking them now (whomever it is) don't want to give them up, then they don't have to.

Personally, I'm tired of cow-towing to the league. Because of maybe 4 or 5 owners, we are not doing something that could benefit the league from a parity/refreshing standpoint (team redraft for those not in their favorite teams now). We gave in to those few owners (most of whom I hope choke on their own saliva right now). I say no more.

I know Dave was talking online about a "demerit" system, where we assign points to owners not doing recaps in a timely manner, not scheduling in a timely manner, and getting simmed/subbed for. When an owner builds up enough demerits, they go to the back of the waiting list (or out completely if there is no waiting list) and they must wait on another owner to join up before they can get another OMFL team.

These fuckers want to keep teams away from fans. Let them earn their keep then. They don't, their ass is out on the street. I'm personally tired of playing politics. Fuck 'em and feed 'em fishheads.

I know I for one would think about Houston as a destination since they are going to a 3-4 next year. Granted, I'd have to deal with Dunlap and Ox...And I'd also think about a return to Detroit (I'd have CJ from the start! WOOHOO). The Lions would be the only team I would take that would have a base 4-3 defense. And the Broncos have Tim Tebow!.....okay, I don't want Denver.

Lack of activity should be punished, no matter what the source of it is. I punished people in WFL by subbing their playoff games because of internet issues holding up the playoffs. Why can we not punt people who don't obviously care anymore about this year? I mean, even I am still trying to fucking play this game...if I can play, EVERYONE fucking can.

So, if it came down to it, boot all three. They can get in for 12. I got no problem with them getting in for 12. But last I heard from the commish's mouth, this is a YEAR-ROUND league. Not an eleven month and quit the last month league. YEAR ROUND means YEAR ROUND. If you can't do year round, get the fuck out. Period. End of report. Next fucking case.

MY rant is now over. I made Dunn's look like child's play.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I thought we should have done this 2 weeks ago,especially for Juan and Dblnull. I wasnt aware of Duval's lack of activity.

I know I want my name in the Lions coaching hat.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

this is what I got back from juan:

Hey Dave - thanks for checking in. It's been a hectic past couple of weeks for me and as you can tell i havent been able to play any of my omfl or wfl games...i havent contacted you or any of the other commish to let you know that maybe i should step asided for a bit from both leagues because I thought it would get better but it hasnt. And it's not really fair to any of my opponents..As of today, it should get better by next week but i can't give you a 100% guarantee...i do have time to play but prob. 30-40 mins 2 or 3 times a week which I usually use for Fifa 11 knowing that those games are only 15-20mins..not that i'm picking fifa over my madden games but it's just easier to get those in knowing that they are much shorter than madden..It sucks b/c some people might think that i'm just not playing omfl b/c of my record but that's not true whatsover - winning is great but i do this for the enjoyment of it...i think i'm even in a playoff race on the wfl but dont have time to get those games in..havent played in 4-5 weeks and have lost all those and still in the playoff hunt...so to summarize all of this, as of today I can't play my games because of my hectic schedule but still have hopes that i can finish the season up...if there is someone that wants to take over my team they are more than welcome to...i would love to come back for madden '12 but if i need to be put back on the waiting list b/c i couldnt finish the season than it's only fair and i'm fine with that as well..hope this helps and thanks again for checking in...let me know if you have any question

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

this was from dblnull:

Hi
    Everything is hectic here been a crazy month. I won't bored you with details. Hoping things are slowing down here and I want to be in if that is ok with management . I most likely can no play one till middle of next week
    Please
    Let me know
    Thanks for checking in on me and again sorry for everything

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'd feel bad if we booted them since I told them it was ok, but I also told them to be sure to really try and play their games this week (those messages where written a week ago, with this current week being the supposed week they would be back), plus dblnull said he tore his hammy also, so not sure how that is factoring in to his absence. Plus we are allowing dritsch to do the same, and we know how stand up of a guy he isn't

7. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

FYI guys, baseball season is now over and I'm ready to come back in full force. If there are any immediate openings, I'd definitely be interested...

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So here is my ultimate question: Why?

As much as it pains me, at least with Dunlap we had advance notice. And Dave. They were moving, and they gave us advance notice.

With Dritsch, I didn't hear any advance notice of him moving. Period.

Juan...no notice.

Duval...just quit on us.

Dbl....no notice.

This is ridiculous and completely bullshit what these three owners have done in the homestretch of this year. If this were year 1 or 2 of the franchise, we'd be booting these folks.

With the outright breaking of rules and cheesing of owners leaguewide in year 4, I think this is fucking ridiculous what has happened to this league. I for one am tired of it.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

did you ever get the invite to the board aim blast group? if so, hop on when you get a chance, looks like we should have an opening coming up

10. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Havent been on AIM in ages - I'll try to log on tonite...