Decision '13 - Team Quality

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jun 6, 2012.

?

What type of teams should we be using for NCAA 13?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2012.
  1. 1-2 Star Rebuilding Teams

27.3%
  2. 3-4 Star Middle-of-the-road Teams

72.7%
  3. 5-6 Star Upper Tier Teams

9.1%
  4. No Controls - Let people choose whatever team they want

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Heya bravejaf, Mogriffjr, Twister18, smlVICTORIES53, Jman, HotRod, MaxATX34, Gravity, jfosh, mboda, jms493

With the Team Ratings thread HERE

and a Youtube Video of the basic individual player ratings here:

I think we are ready to go about the process of determining what this league will look like for NCAA '13.

We will do this via a series of votes as follows:

TEAM QUALITY - Basic decision of what types of teams we want to use this year

CONFERENCE SELECTION - Going straight to which conferences. I was originally thinking we would have a vote on 2 conferences vs. 3 conferences but everybody seems to be in agreement that 2 conferences will provide us with a much needed change of pace this year. If anybody wants that vote let me know but I think we're good skipping straight to conference selection

TEAM SELECTION ORDER - After the first two votes we're gonna decide how to go about choosing the draft order.

TEAM QUALITY

So in this thread the first vote will just be about team quality.

1-2 star - Rebuilding Projects
    3-4 star - Middle of the Road Squads
    5-6 star - Best of the Best
    Any Teams - Self Explanatory

My take here is let's choose one of the first three. If you want to go with the last one I will do it, but I think some people get bitter in the end if they decide to do a rebuilder, and some other cock munch takes Texas.

I am allowing multiple selections for this one, in case you like more than one. I need votes from every single one of you if you expect to play in the league this year.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I like 3-4. I wouldn't mind 2 stars if that's what the majority wanted. Being top end teams right off the bat gets old quick

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well a quick lead for the 3-4 star teams. I'm interested to see how people want to go about the selection process. I have been thinking about it and my preferred way would be to to divide the league up into tiers:

Those who won a title in NCAA 12 / New guys
    Those who didn't

Those who didn't, I mix up randomly from 1-5 (or however many people we have in that category. Then I randomize the first list, which consists of those who won a title and new guys, and fill out the draft order thusly.

We could also do completely random... reverse order of win percentage, etc.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I would suggest doing it like AM did. They assigned someone outside of the league (in this case me) to use a lottery system. You can give different players different amounts of lottery balls, then have a draft order created, much like the NBA. Less balls=higher probability of a later pick. I'd be happy to do it for you guys as well (Grav is fucked), just let me know.

Edit: Here is the site I used http://draftpicklottery.com/

• Like Like x 1
  5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I went with No Controls, which is pretty much same thing as 5-6 stars team IMO

I have no qualms with either 5-6 or 3-4 team setups. I would not be the biggest fan of rebuilders, but I am not one to gripe.

Looking at the team rankings, there are some 4 star teams I'd like in SEC and B1G. I don't really like the 3-4 star teams in the Pac 12. Big 12 has a couple but don't see 6, plus no conference title game.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I like this idea

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm going to go with 3-4 stars...i really want to build up a team next year...i'm sticking with that for my next sqquad.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If i only trusted you..... ;-)

Nah really, that sounds like a very fair way to go about it.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm getting hyped about picking a team soon. I don't care if it's Iowa State, I will get excited about them.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am also getting excited about picking a team. Even if I don't get my Buckeyes, I'm sure it will be a good time.

11. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'll say 3-4 but 1-2 is always a favorite of mine too.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I voted to open everything up. With everyone being in two conferences, building/maintaining stars should both be tough to do. Perhaps we could reserve the top 1 or 2 teams from each conference for the CPU.

With the 3/4 stars, there have traditionally been major differences in the recruiting abilities of some of those schools. Some are sleeping giants that recruit like crazy, and some wont see a good recruiting class for many seasons.

Same here!!

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I would like 3-4 stars and Big 10/ACC sounds good.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Please vote next time cotdamnit.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice to see jfosh popping in to vote. I'm concerned already man, how about you. :D

17. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Piss! I missed the poll entirely, sorry I'm new.

Hehe

18. jfosh

jfosh Super

just saw this... your concern is welcome. I voted today do I get my sticker?

• Like Like x 1