Decision Time...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Oct 24, 2013.

?

Are you in for the long haul?

1. I'm in

100.0%
  2. I'm out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

The Deuce
    I had some great speech all written out in my head, but I fucked it up.... Essentially, our activity level sucks... we need to make a change or some sorts... but before that can happen we have to know who is in for the long haul. If you are in, great, bring the activity we are accustom too. IF you are out, that's okay too, its been a great ride no hard feelings. Just own it, lets us know... lets finish this the right way... if we decide to end it, then lets agree to end it together. If we continue to roll on, lets get back to the Deuce we know and love...
    If your looking for changes to be made, post your ideas.... however crazy..... gotta have some type of dialogue....

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Ride or die mother fucker.

3 different ideas.....

1. Restart....it's for pussies but sometimes you have to take 2 steps back to move 3 steps forward.

2. Keep it like it is but schedule as many OOC user games as possible. If people want to take other jobs in the offseason then let them.

3. Keep going with the current structure and have the people that have been fired try and work their way back into the B1G and ACC.

3. Bondzai

The lack of response in the thread is pretty telling.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    If our problem is activity, I don't think restarting fixes that problem. If our problem is only have 8 people, then we need to restart.

I have less interest in restarting and picking people up, but you guys know this isn't a dictatorship.

JFace may be out anyway once baby arrives. Khaalis is back at Syracuse with coach level 1, which I don't think affects the league. He is going to recruit his 6'9'' :2stars: regardless.

As an option - Pitt, Northwestern and Rutgers could easily become part of the ACC. BBJ may have to move in the coaching carousel, but his team is a dumpster fire anyway.

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

1. I'd hate to restart, but if that's the solution, I'm still game. We'd have to figure out if we want to fill out the league with 12 or not. There are some good free agents out there with PFP and Redshirts fading.

2. I like this idea the most.

3. Also works, but I still like the 2nd option more.

6. I Peench

I like it, not too unrealistic

7. Bondzai

We need to figure out who wants to stay and boot the people that aren't playing at all. I'm sick of seeing Indiana and UNC sitting on auto.

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Trying my ass off to keep going. If you guys are willing to let me ride for a couple weeks with sporadic playing of games I should be able to get back to normal. I'm in a serious transitional phase right now. Just got Into the apartment with the girlfriend and still trying to find that balance. It's our first place together and all that. Just being honest. It's the first time either of us have live away from our parents, and we're trying to figure shit out. You know I love you all, but it might be a bit before I can get back to normal. We should hopefully be getting another tv soon so that will take a lot of the load off I think. If you guys want me to drop I'll hate it, but would accept it.

9. Bondzai

Also Drifterbub if you want to pass me commish I can take over the advances and scheduling and shit if you don't have time.

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Restart fixes the firing situation. And getting 12 people and putting someone in charge with time helps activity.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i heard the bug isnt there if you keep the league at 11 or below...

12. Bondzai

I thought the bug was gone for any leagues that started after the patch?

13. Bondzai

Nevermind...it has been confirmed that the bug is still there post patch.

14. I Peench

This is what I got

In
    Goose
    Drifter
    Bond
    JR
    Peench

Maybe
    PAGamer (pending restart)
    bbj?
    Khaalis?

Still need to hear from: JFace907 Jmustang1968

The Deuce

15. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I'm in....and I'm down 4 a restart.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I personally would love a restart. However, drift is right. My status once the baby comes is unclear. My wife has already expressed concerns with whether or not I'll be able to "adjust" once the baby arrives.

Personally I'd love to stay.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I Peench

In
    Goose
    Drifter
    Bond
    JR
    Peench
    Khaalis
    JFace

Maybe
    PAGamer (pending restart)
    bbj?

Still need: Mustang

Pretty encouraging. If we have 8 I wouldn't be opposed to one conf

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am still around and have been playing all my games... I wouldnt really care for a restart.

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

1.If we get the 10 to stick around for a restart i would like that idea. I know some are busy Timpegoose JFace907 I Peench , but if we go with the idea of games are going to occasionally be simmed i think we are set. We just need to get some content going and work from there. We should test to see if the bug exist for 11 or fewer teams to make sure and if 11 or 10 is the bug free we go with that #.

I also think restart is the most fair way to get J back into the conf and let khaalis get his XP back. Sliders/scheduling i think both need to be looked at. i have always been a believer that the good players will adjust to any set and it just handicaps the bottom half. If were going to have "tough sliders" we should at least make it so the JFace907 's of the have a easier OOC so they are not getting killed every week and are more likely to have a better shot at not getting fired.

2. I dont like the idea of moving ppl to ACC with me having to go through coaching carousal to get there. I like my Dumpster fire team.

3.with 10 players and the 48/72 hr adv sched i wouldn't be opposed to 1 conf setup. another way to work around the glitch is set the start coach skill to the max so everyone is always on a level playing field.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Explain to me how a commish with more 'time' helps the other 10-11 members contribute more?

Restarts don't fix the firing situation. Bug is still present on SOME files. Those people are likely to get fired again anyway. Especially if we are moving to an all user conference or something similar.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't believe that the starting coach level works. I know it doesn't work for new coaches and for re-host.

22. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Keeps the advances running quickly, gets on guys who are slowing everyone else down, boots people who aren't even playing, recruits active members, leads by example in terms of content, etc.

23. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

you continue to use Jface as the "bad player" example... his first season he was decent... the next season he got married didn't play or recruit for over half of the season... he had like 22 seniors leave and recruited no one... that Purdue team was in shambles after that season... there was no way to recover... once he got fired and became a coordinator... its not the same... you lose interest.... especially if your in a conference by yourself... are the sliders tough... yes... can they be tweeked... sure... but stop using him as an example when there are clear circumstances that led to his firing....

a restart is not the answer in my view... some type of restructuring is.... maybe everyone moves to one conference if we get 10 guys... like the acc or big 10... 5 users in each division... with 72 hour advances..... maybe those left in the ACC move.. and we put a cap on the coaching xp (if possible) so that khaalis isn't at a permanent recruiting disadvantage...

24. Bondzai

I'm not used to not being the guy being called out for sucking. :)

Does anyone object to me holding the file and doing the advancing/scheduling?

25. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

About the only way a restart would be interesting to me is if we went with a completely new format. IE: Small schools, re-arrange users in the conferences so we're playing different people, etc. a restart with the same basic setup would pretty much drain any interest for me. I would obviously prefer avoiding the restart if at all possible.