Decisions

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Jun 12, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Alright guys. I know I've been a little absent from the conversation lately. I was in the process of moving myself back home to my parents place for a 2 week vacation before med school starts. However, I have been keeping relatively up to date with all of the discussions.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to start making decisions that may or may not be completely popular to get things settled and reduce the bickering and flip-flopping. So here we go:

1. We are using the B1G, PAC12, SEC.
    2. We are all going to start with 5-star or lower teams, I encourage everyone to start even lower, but I don't want to limit team selection any further. This league is not at all about winning every game, if you want to do that go play an offline dynasty. The purpose of playing here is to have fun duking it out with each other, win or lose, on the playing field and the recruiting trail and establishing a good level of camaraderie. In other words, you should not be choosing a team for the sole reason that they are the best team available.
    3. Team Selection Rules:

• Members who spent the majority of 2011 in The Experience will have priority in selecting their team (yes this means Bill has preference over Jello, it's only fair).
      • Members from 2011 that choose to remain with their current team will be allowed to do so as long as that complies with the 5-star or lower rule.
    I am open for slight conference realignment (swapping), but only if we are able to recreate the rivalries as well (I believe we can). It's the best way to make everyone happy. And yes, I am fine with swapping in the SEC as well.

I am going to re-open the board here for team selection, and we are going to have this ironed out fast and efficiently. I don't care that we have a month to go until the game drops, we need to get this sorted out so we/I can focus on other things regarding this league.

Big Ten:

• Legends:
      • Iowa
      • Michigan (Suge)
      • Michigan State (JC)
      • Minnesota
      • Nebraska
      • Northwestern
    • Leaders:
      • Illinois
      • Indiana
      • Ohio State
      • Penn State
      • Purdue
      • Wisconsin
    ****Considering a swap of Northwestern and IU, allowing Gators to play as NW. NW would then be MSU's protected rivalry in place of the IU/MSU game.​

PAC 12:

• North:
      • California
      • Oregon
      • Oregon St
      • Stanford
      • Washington
      • Washington St
    • South:
      • Arizona (UofCWildcat, assuming no current member wants them)
      • Arizona St
      • Colorado
      • UCLA
      • USC
      • Utah

SEC:

• East:
      • Florida
      • Georgia
      • Kentucky
      • South Carolina
      • Tennessee
      • Vanderbilt
    • West:
      • Alabama
      • Arkansas
      • Auburn
      • LSU
      • Mississippi
      • Miss St

I'll update shortly with the prestige of each team.

I've lost track of who wants to be who after all of the mind changing and arguing, so we are starting with a clean slate here. Remember, preference goes to Bill, Gators, Dakota, Masler, Suge, and myself. PLEASE POST YOUR SELECTION HERE ASAP!!

Sorry if I'm coming off like a royal prick, but it had to be done.

@jello1717
    @Randiesel75
    @Big Suge Knight
    @GoGators
    @dakota7
    @blLL flo
    @edge7771
    @UofCWildcat
    @texacotea
    @MaslerBoros16
    @Nautica

2. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

South Carolina is my pick

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

1. PSU
    2. USC
    3. AU

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Come on Randy, I know you only read at a 2nd grade level but your comprehension level has to be higher than that!!!

PSU & USC are both 6 star schools. Just in case you didn't know that. :)

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm pretty sure it was a joke as PSU, USC, and AU are all 6*s.

6. jello1717

@JCspartan2
    Who has priority, Texaco or myself?

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  8. jello1717

Here's my choices:
    1. Georgia (DUH!)
    2. Utah (as long as @JCspartan2 will guarantee that he'll always put a rival on my schedule so that at the very least I can promise that I'll have a winning record against rivals which, obviously, I can't do if I'm 0-0 against them every year).
    3. ASU

I want Georgia first and foremost if they stay in the east. Since most people seemed opposed to swapping teams around in the SEC, then if I can't have Georgia and keep the divisions the same, I'd prefer Utah as long as I get 1 rivalry game per year (ideally a home game every other year in a decent mid-season week for recruiting) over moving Georgia to the SEC-W.

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I would say you, but I'd really like to let texaco have his gamecocks. Thats the team he follows.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm going to try to keep all the rivalries alive and well, regardless of swapping. I will also try to make sure that everyone has the same amount of rivalries, even if I have to make some artificial ones.

11. jello1717

Then he can have them (I'd be bummed if I wanted Michigan but couldn't have them, not because someone else wanted them, but because someone wanted Iowa instead) and I'll likely take Utah after I'm sure Bill takes Tennessee.

12. jello1717

I'm pretty sure that you won't have the power to create rivalries. I think the only thing you can do is set protected crosss-division games either against a rivalry (which will be a rivalry game) or against a non rival (which won't be a rivalry game). IE. Moving Utah to the North and setting their protected game to Arizona won't make the Arizona/Utah game a rivalry game.

It's like what's in the game now. IE. LSU/FLA is a protected game so they play every year, but it's not a rivalry game.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I swore I saw a screen where you could choose up to three rivals for a team, maybe I'm dreaming that up.

14. jello1717

That'd be cool if so, but I haven't seen it. I hope it's true.

15. jello1717

Also, unless Nautica wants to get all bi-polar on us again, or unless Gators wants to trip up Nautica by selecting NW instead of ASU, then the team selections are set. The only real snag remaining was Bill and I. We were just waiting for you to decide which of us gets their team. The team selections should be what I wrote below:

Big Ten:
    PAC 12:
    SEC:
    The divisions are pretty even with only the Legends having user teams with different prestige ratings (and maybe the SEC-W if Randi takes Arkansas). Obviously the B1G is the powerhouse with 3 :5stars: and 1 :4stars: while the other 2 convferences have 2 or 3 :4stars: and 2 or 1 :3stars: .

Of course Gators or Masler could have a change of heart (seeing as they're in the same conference as me, who could blame them) and throw the above completely out of whack.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

My first choice is Wisconsin. I would also be very happy in the PAC 12 North with either Washington or California.

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Dammit Dakota, your Wisconsin. :p

• Like Like x 2
  18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Thanks for getting me up to date. It was a bitch trying to sift through those other threads, my own fault, but still.

19. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Nice work Jello. I am fine with Arkansas.

20. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Thank you sir

21. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

To be honest, I'm kind of leaning towards NW at this point. The main basis being that Masler and I were pretty much the only two teams in the SEC for all of `11. I think we both would like to play some new people for a change. In the B1G I wasn't in a conference with any of those guys before.

Plus it'll be a bigger challenge since I'll be the worst school in that conference and NW is built more for my offensive style than ASU is from looking at the rosters on `11.

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I would give you preference over Nautica for the B1G since you are an original member here, as long as Nautica is ok with a team in the PAC.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm fine with Stanford. Don't care who my opponents are.

24. jello1717

As I said, no one would blame you for running scared from my conference. (y)

The whole "rebuilding for my style" thing is the 2nd biggest disadvantage of Utah for me as they don't have the QB that I need. The closest they have is their starter with 88 SPD, but only 70 ACC (I'd take 70 SPD and 88 ACC over 88 SPD and 70 ACC in a QB all day every day). Surprisingly enough, UGA's starter (w/ 78 SPD and 92 ACC) is a much better option QB than Utah's.

So it looks like we'll need a top 3 from @Nautica . I'll also ammend my top 3 slightly in light of Gators' flippy floppy.

1. UGA (w/ Bill and Texaco in the SEC-E I'll revert to my 2nd choice as opposed to swapping UGA from the East to the West UNLESS someone beneath me on the totem pole chooses to take UGA and move them to the West, then I'll take UGA in the West instead.)
    2. Utah
    3. ASU (this is a very distant 3rd as I really don't want to be them)

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Just in case someone wants Arizona I'll pick my team last. That way i can fill in where there is an open spot.