Deep Throws

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Kasper, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to complete deep balls when Gordon burns guys at the line? Seems like every time the CB catches up.

2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

you dont, if it is a 1 on 1, it is more likley it will be a pick instead of a completion.

If your guys beats the db, best is to just bullet it once the cb gets burnt. If you plan to lob it, goodluck, unless you have calvin johnson or andre johnson big guys like that.. probably best not to do it unless it is complete broken coverage.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

What a shame.

4. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I have been able to get some with James Jones. Nice over top, but i agree, they are few and far between when the defender gets burnt off the line.

5. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I think your QB's deep ball rating matters heavily in deep balls. I know playing against Brees and Rodgers they can just drop the ball in there even with my DB in great position. However when I try the exact same thing the defender deflects or picks it pretty much 90% of the time.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    1/100 is complete? C'mon with these crazy ass stats.

7. Black Republican

You're right I think I may have been too easy (y)

We can lab it any time you want, a game full of verticals's vs cover 1 D... If 100 are thrown to Maclin & Cooper (Eagles) I bet 5 or less are caught. I bet ya a free years worth of premier :p

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You said 1. I'll take that bet. What do I get if I win?

9. Black Republican

I'm gonna twitch it in a few minutes in practice ... I'll do it 20 times just for kicks :ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Black Republican

Well with the Eagles I completed 2 of 40... I switched to Dallas, Dez didnt't catch anything vs Johnathan Joseph, moved him over and it was a 60/40 chance each time. I will say if you get man on man coverage and your receiver gets a good outside release if you directional pass up and lob it your chance increase greatly. BUT you have to throw it within the first 6-8 yards to give him time to run. Foles has 92THP but can't lead to a good mark down field so getting it out of his hands quick was key. After the 10 yard mark the CB regains lost ground.
    Unless you have a burner vs a slow cb then this should work with greater success.

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    So, to confirm, it's higher than 1%? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Seriously though Black Republican, I think it's TOO easy to beat bad corners. Obviously you don't want to lob it up at Revis, but I have some big not good necessarily receivers who kill jump balls (I have a bunch of the Knick motherfuckers at WR).

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    well bad corners yes but my problem is still the passing trajectories aren't where they suppose to be...many balls that can slip through cracks or thrown over LB's in zone IRL can't be done in Madden, which accounts for high INT totals.

Deep ball wise, I can complete a ton to Stephen Hill especially if he gets the separation early...but what I don't get is how some of these corners can play as if they know when the ball is coming...when in reality, the CB position is mostly upon reaction FROM the WR and not towards the ball. Unless your name is Revis, Sherman, 95% of corners play as to what the WR does and not based upon reaction of the ball coming towards them. They need to fix that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    If the guy gets separation early, and your receiver has more speed than the corner, usering the receiver is usually all you need to make the catch. Just let it fly

15. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I complete probably 7 out of every 10 to Dez

16. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Bradford to Kenny Britt was pretty effective for me deep, If I saw 1 on 1 I would throw it and generally got better than 50% completions and only very rarely an INT. I also had success with Tavon Austin deep in 1 on 1, but of course he's really fast. Regardless, you have to user catch if you want it to work

17. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Usering them how. I mean are you just running straight and catching it or something else?

18. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Yea, switching to them and holding sprint. I find the CPU doesn't make the WR sprint on fly routes

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Broth just basically cheeses the whole time with Julio.

But really, sprinting would just over run the ball wouldn't it? Or does getting there sooner seem to trigger some sort of worthwhile animation rather then what the cpu does: tries to reach back and catch it by their hip while the corner actually jumps.

20. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Depends on where the throw is obviously

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Not really, my point still stands. If the point of usering them and sprinting is to get there sooner to trigger a better animation, I get it.

22. IlluminatusUIUC

IlluminatusUIUC Walk On

Don't underestimate throwing power. You need 90+ IME to realistically hit those moon shot fly routes. As the Bills, I can get them with Manuel to guys like Watkins and Goodwin because Manuel has a cannon, but with Orton it's a no go. He'll inevitably throw it short enough that the corner can break on it.