Defensive Numbers

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Keller, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sorted by Sacks
    [​IMG]

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I have no idea how my DT leads the country in sacks. I never play with him, and I almost never blitz the CPU these are almost always coverage sacks or sacks when they try to run a screen and I cover it up.

Pretty amazing.

Looks like OSU and ASU lead the country in sacks with over 40 each.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    My secondary does not force turnovers. Pretty frustrating. I think all but maybe two of my seven INTs have come against users.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

My INT numbers should come up in the next couple of years. Right now I'm working with a bunch of freshman in the secondary.

5. Keller

I'm channeling my inner Mustang. I've put together a formula that works - the sacks get spread around to a lot of guys with my true superstar MLB leading the way. Pretty cool to see the summation of all those numbers though I think - was glad I thought of that and took the extra 2 minutes to write the formula.

6. Keller

I'm thinking that tackles is a good indicator of time of possession.

The less tackles you have, you would think the less time your defense is on the field. That said, here's an interesting statistic:

B1G tackles avg: 253.1666
    PAC12 tackles avg: 313.5

Defense in B1G> defense in PAC12?

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    PAC-12 has a lot of no huddle and spread teams = more plays to defend against = more tackles.

8. Keller

Good point.

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I've been getting a ton of user picks this year. One of my CBs has 8 ints, tied for first in NCAA. and my FS has 6 ints and picked off the game winner in double OT last night against UCLA.

The problem with my D is big plays. I will get a stop and then stop again and get burned on 3rd. Or out of nowhere a 60-80 yard td. And it isnt my scheme, as most of them are broken or missed tackles. Last night UCLA was killing me with screens, even when in conservative man coverage with 2 deep. They would throw the WR or HB screen out to the flats, and I would look over and they have 3 of my guys on the ground, and then one guy would come over from midfield and just fall right off the guy. This happened 3 or 4 times in that game.

My other issue is getting beat deep when not in 2 safeties deep. There is a good chance in cover 1 or single man that the qb just throws it up on the sideline and my CB is 8 yards behind a wide open WR. And I wasnt jamming the WRs... Limits what I can do on D sometimes. Granted my secondary is rated poorly...

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I can't even tell you how many times I force 3rd and long and then the other team gets a first down.

11. Keller

Thats your corners I would say - I have pretty good corners - 1 really good corner - and they do fine when I leave them out by themselves. Are they scorching cover 3 as well? If so that would be bad.

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

No but then I get picked apart over the middle

13. Keller

How do people have 12 and 14 FF? I go for the strip a TON and haven't gotten squat. Do you guys go for the big hit a lot? It seems like I can never line those up anymore.

14. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I hitstick like a champ. I've cut it down though because it was a reason I kept getting lit up by other teams. I'd try to do hit stick on almost every hit and miss 1,000 tackles, so I still hit stick, but just not as much.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I user strip like a boss.

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I use hit stick simply because I feel the need to hit a button to tackle, and I just haven't taught myself to use the x button yet. A lot of times that sends me flying past the guy with the ball...