Defensive Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by droid43, Aug 29, 2012.

1. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Is anyone else having a ridiculous amount of dropped interceptions? My secondary has dropped 6 easy interceptions through the first two games. I started experiencing it about three quarters of the way through last season. Against users this is never a problem, there may be one or two drops, but it seems like there's at least 3 drops in every game against the CPU. I'm wondering if it's just my secondary or part of the Heisman difficulty that helps keep the CPU on offense.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Yea I'm missing a lot, I feel like my DBs get their hands on the ball fairly often, just not a lot of INTs. Granted my defense isn't that highly rated, but even when I'm controlling the guy, lots of drops.

3. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I should have made that point as well, I never switch to try to control the DB's because of the sometimes non responsive controls.

4. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Yep, in the game I just wrapped up, my best CB, dropped a few easy picks where he was just standing there and they hit him right in the hands with nobody around him. Immediately after one of those times, he was chasing a guy on a fly route, and made one of those dumb over the shoulder animation picks look easy. It is really pretty annoying, because guys will make those crazy picks fairly often, when really it is a play that should just get knocked down, then they drop the most insanely easy picks.

It's kind of a double-edged sword though, don't want games to become pick-fests, so probably better off having more drops than 6-8 pick games every time.

5. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Exactly what's happened to me. I had two interceptions in my last game this way, and as you said, they drop easy interceptions where they are standing still or the ball is thrown at least into double coverage and it just bounces off their hands. The CB's seemed to be beat on the streak and made the over the shoulder interception rather than a knockdown. Both plays I thought I was burnt.

I agree with you about the number of interceptions that seems to be fine. I just wish they would make the easy interceptions and rarely make the difficult ones. Seems to be reversed now.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

There's just a lot more catch animations instead of swat/breakup animations. It looks crumby, but it keeps the results okay.

7. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Hell yeah..I just played my game a couple of hours ago and missed at least 3 to 4 picks. That sucked as I had to barely hold on to defeat a very tough TCU team,.

8. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I had the exact same thing happen to me in another online dynasty as LSU. I had to come back to beat them 22-21. They gave me problems last year too, pesky horned frogs!

9. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Man they played their asses off and honestly I thought I was done. We all have those type of games against a CPU teams that make you shake your head and say WTF. This was one of them. They were hitting anything that moved and all I could do was smile as I thought I was playing a USER game. :D They always say there's one game that marks your season and I hope this one was it. However it may cost me as I had a lot of recruits in the stands for that game. ;):rolleyes::cool:

10. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I wouldn't agree with this. I find that in user vs user games my opponent usually gets away with 10+ terribly thrown passes. In CPU games even more. I only throw a couple "pickable" balls per game, but I've had quite a few games lately where my user opponent was just chucking the ball up into tight/double coverage and got away with it. That opening game vs Shreck was like that...he was down by 16 points late in the 3rd and really only came back because of dropped INTs when he was just forcing the ball in. From what I've heard sliders don't affect user vs user games anyway, but for user vs cpu I'd love to see the sliders raised to 55 or 60. I have them at 60 in my offline dynasty and that feels a lot better than 50, but maybe 55 would be fine.

Here's my opponents' stats in my last few user vs user games:

14/28 204 1 td 2 int
    13/32 209 2 td 1 int
    16/32 287 2 td 0 int <----vs shreck. At least half those incompletions were forced into double coverage.

50% or under completions for each user which should show they aren't passing the ball well :p yet only 3 picks

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012