Defensive rule clarification

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Feb 10, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Defensive rule clarification

In my game with North Texa I was told I could not move my safety into the box...

Some of my defensive plays involve the show blitz look (triangle and square I think) and my safety blitzes or drops back in coverage depending on the play call...

I don't see this in the rules and I had never heard previously that this was illegal... Please clarify.

Also, offensively, in my other OD, user catching is strictly prohibited unless the ball is batted in the air... The idea here is preventing a super speedy wr running a fly pattern, then the user takes control and speed bursts further to make the catch. Would like some input here too.

Thanks,
    Smooth

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Smooth,

Bringing ur fs up with the lbs is unsim because of a flaw in this years release. A free safety is your last line of defense and should not be a primary or secondary tackler. The only time a fs is allowed to play at lb depth is on the goal line. Even if you show blitz you cannot manually move your free safety up to lb depth. Also when it comes to user catching it is allowed, unless you are making rediculously unsim catches that deliberately take advantage of the ai.

I hopes this helps. Let me know if u have any questions.

Frisk

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Smooth,

I don't user catch. I think I have 3 user catches a season per dynasty. All are on tipped balls. I do know a few, could be a lot of people, in tf user catch but I don't think I have seen what you are saying about the speed bursts.

What's below is copied from a sim non tf dynasty I am in.

a lot of dynastys outlaw it for that reason... note that there are two different things being talked about here though. User catching especially on deep routes is cheese because you can turbo past defenders. "Turbo catching" is actually when a reciever "glides" across the ground shooting forward to catch the ball... the cpu does it sometimes to especially on deep outs and flag routes, this can happen when you user control and hit the catch button on those same routes... very cheese.

Hope that helps.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Show blitz is triangle and L3 left I believe

square is audible

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

It's something like that... At work w/out the controller... Triangle and left I think...

Anyhow, just looking for clarification.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

did we help??

7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Absolutely...

Personally, I highly prefer playing without user catching, and don't see anything wrong with the show blitz option (easy to exploit), but the rules are clear.

Thanks,
    Smooth

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Anybody can use the show blitz function. If someone abuses it and shows blitz too often it goes against TF rules under the "playcalling: mixing it up" part.