Defensive scheme and why...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThaEra25, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

Defensive scheme and why...

The Texas Longhorns have and will continue to run a 3-4 defense. This has always been the Defensive philosphy of Coach Era. This base defense gives alot of flexability with alot of different looks. The Longhorns have had the #1 ranked Rush Defense since the Rivalry began and Coach Era gives all the credit to the 3-4. Having that extra LB on the field instead of your 2nd DT makes a big difference in being able to match up with offenses especially those that like to flex a TE and still be in a 2 back set. Now the LB can drop into coverage or bring pressure from the outside. I personally think the 3-4 tends to cause a bit more confusion for the offense than your typical 4-3, where you can generally diagnose where the pressure is coming from...

2. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I play the 3-4 defense as well. I think it helps defend the middle of the field a little bit better than the 4-3.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I haven't tried the 3-4 much this year, been sticking with the 4-3 in this game. Last year I was all about the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 playbooks but I have stayed away from those this year. With my Ohio State team I think my personnel works best in 4-3 since I am pretty weak at MLB and I have pretty good DT.

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I like the 3-4 and the 3-3-5. I like the different looks you can get with both of the defenses and you can create different looks in zone converage with everyone dropping from different angles than people are used to. I played a game online against Notre Dame with West Virginia and got 5 sacks and 5 picks. 2 of the picks were the tackled while throwing variety, but I had that guy confused.