1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Defensive Suggestions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Oct 13, 2010.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Defensive Suggestions

Hi guys,

I've noticed a trend with all of my TF leagues...I score a lot and give up an obscene amount of points. With that being said, what defensive formations do you guys usually prefer (vs run, vs pass)? I understand that the more points I score, the more chances the opponent gets on offense. However, I still feel that I am lacking in this area and don't really know why I call a certain defense most of the time. Any help?

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

What kind of defense do you run?

Do you play call to what the offense has? Their formations...

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Usually 3-4 for runs and Nickel on what I believe are passing downs. lol

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I have not played using the 3-4 yet on this game. I used to use the 3-4 against all formations, but I used 95% of the 3-4 formations and plays. There was only a couple plays I did not use out of the 3-4. It was so versatile with the right athletes. Now using the 4-3 as a base defense, my biggest complaint is that I can't get a strong side/weak side alignment. So more often than not I will match up against the # wr's on the field. Base against 2, nickel for 3, and dime/3-2-6 against 4+. If I had my way of calling strong weak, or just some incredible pass coverage olb's, I would stay with more 4-3. I also mix up my defensive play calling a ton unless there is something in general I am seeing that is just abusing me. Then I will gameplan hard to stop it.

Mike

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Thanks for your input H22, I will try to apply this in my upcoming games and see how it works. Appreciate it man.

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Yeah. I had two OD's on '09 and '10 that I used the 3-4. Both teams I had lots of success on defense. Nobody was a shining star, but the defense overall was top 20 as WKU.

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Tried the suggestions you gave me in two of my leagues tonight and the result was...well...pretty impressive!

As Oregon, I held #14 Washington to 17 points in Bowlin for Roses.

As Mississippi State, I held Auburn to 14 points (their first TD was a complete fluke TD that went for 80+ yards...the ball should have been picked off by at least two guys. the other TD came with 0 seconds left on the clock and was against my 2nd stringers).

Maybe it's a coincidence, but with the amount of points I've given up, I don't think so(y)

Thanks H22!

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Hopefully it was not a fluke. I am by far not the best on the sticks, but I believe my playcalling makes up for it. I take pride in my defense, as it has been what I have done well for so many years, both in video games, and in my own life of playing ball.

Now that you may have an improved defense, I do not want to play the Ducks.

Mike

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

yeah thanks a lot h22 lol

10. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

No worries my fellow PAC-10 friend, Darron Thomas just threw out his shoulder or something...out for 7 weeks!:eek::eek::eek:

As if me relying on LaMichael heavily wasn't enough already, now I lack the passing game when I really need to put it in the air. :HoosierHoo:

My backup is pretty bad...no lies. Seriously...dude is bad.