Defensives - EVERYONE READ

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 30, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Defensives - EVERYONE READ

Guys i've seen this in a few of my games and i've now had a few reports. it is NOT ok to run either zone defense all game long or run a nickel and dime defense all game long. you must run a base 4/6, 4/3, or 3/4 defense unless the other team is running 3 wide sets.

I will boot players who do not line up their play from eanet to a sim style league that we are running here. clean it up!

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I'm unaware of the zone rule. I play 3-4 70% of the time, nickel and quarter when there are more than 4 WR's. Now I do not have the personel to 'man-up' on these guys and believe that man defense is not effective, especially if the QB has any time at all.

This does not mean I run cover 3 every play or cover 2, but if I have 10 defensive plays and 1 or none involve man coverage is that against the rules?

Zone blitzes and zone coverages are my style of D. Also many people playing on the offensive side see a zone and automatically assume that the user on defense is picking the same play everytime. There are tons of different zones. Just bringing up a couple issues of my own.

3. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Also if a team doesn't have much speed in the secondary it is very hard to play much man stuff, especially if the opposing team has fast recievers. Personally I play both but do probably favor the zone, man coverage still has its use.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

My team sucks at both.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think what Nate is talking about here is going completely zone all game long. Even Tampa when it ran its Cover 2 system blitzed a little bit and played man a little bit with that cover 2 shell over it. The idea is to mix in man and blitz with a zone concept, if you want to play zone and be safe.

Basically, just following the playcalling rules and you'll be fine.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

exactly what winuvas said. my main issue is ppl running dime all game or nickle 3/3/5 all game and just running zone in those defensives. I've seen that in some of my games and its not allowed. Simply mix it up. If you want to play zone, fine, but dont run 90% of the same play from the same formation or even run dime or nickel more than you are suppose too!