DeMarion's recruiting rankings

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    DeMarion's recruiting rankings

Unfortunately with the resignation of Kerploomp, it led to my quick rise to this position as senior adviser of recruiting for darecruit.com. Kerploomp was a great guy but ultimately I feel that his heart wasn't into it last year as he failed to finish the rankings!

I've been advised to go down a similar path and model, akin to what Kerploomp did but I'll add my own spices to my version in the hopes of creating more interest, debate and talk about the rankings. We will start with the quarterback position.

RIVALS.COM RANKINGS (TOP 25)
    1. Chris Thomas- 6'0", 201lbs, Galliano, LA
    2. Malcolm Johnson- 6'3", 199lbs, Aiea, HI
    3. David James- 6'0", 188lbs, Pikesville, MD
    4. Garrett White- 6'2", 175lbs, San Diego, CA**
    5. Jon Williams- 5'11", 199lbs, Centreville, VA
    6. Ryan Foster- 6'1", 208lbs, Farmers Branch, TX
    7. Robert Keller- 6'2", 206lbs, South Gate, MD
    8. Justin Nelson- 6'2", 224lbs, Unalaska, AK**
    9. Quinn Wesley- 6'5", 210lbs, Monte, CA
    10. Isaac Koch- 6'0", 183lbs, Butler, PA
    11. Ricky Barber- 6'3", 218lbs, Granite City, IL**
    12. Rashad Turner- 6'1", 189lbs, Tallassee, AL
    13. John Pendleton- 6'3", 189lbs, Paradise Valley, AZ
    14. Jared Bain- 6'1", 201lbs, Windsor, CN
    15. Dwayne Madison- 6'5", 208lbs, Waterbury, VT
    16. Bryant Romero- 6'3", 212lbs, Rockingham, NC**
    17. Chris Warren- 6'1", 224lbs, Fairhope, AL**
    18. Marcus Tyler- 6'1", 195lbs, Monterey, CA
    19. Carlos Hall- 6'6", 199lbs, Charles, IL
    20. Tim Bradford- 6'3", 215lbs, Orange, CA
    21. George Henry- 6'2", 191lbs, Terre, Haute, IN
    22. Nate Pollard- 6'2", 247lbs, Lakewood, NJ
    23. Kyle McClelland- 6'5", 215lbs, Myrtle Grove, FL
    24. Brian Williams- 6'1", 200lbs, Fort Rucker, AL**
    25. Chris Clark- 6'0", 203lbs, Milwaukee, WI
    ---Rivals definitely loves Chris Thomas, who has the best overall arm in this class when speaking of his throwing power (B) and throwing accuracy (B). His size is a concern but overall in this class, height seems to be an issue with most of the top QB's in this class. The #2 QB, Malcolm Johnson, is tops as far as running QB's go according to rivals. (B-) throw power/accuracy combined with (C+) speed/agility/break tackle and a decent carry rating (C-) makes him an intriguing option on the gridiron.

On my board though, the #1 QB in this class is....

JON WILLIAMS, 4-star QB (#5 QB)
    5'11", 199lbs, Centreville, VA

---Williams rates out as the best QB in this class. His size does bring questions with his height but his arm is second to none. His throw power (B+) rates out best in this class but to boot, he has (B) accuracy, meaning he likely can start as a true freshman in most collegiate programs. (C) speed, (C-) carry all means he can manuever in and out of the pocket with ease when he smells trouble, though he's not a fast kid.
    NOTED TEAMS INTERESTED: Alabama, Georgia, FSU, VT, Clemson, Tennessee

#2, and just BARELY beating out Rivals.com #1 QB prospect, I went to...

RYAN FOSTER, 4-star QB (#6 QB)
    6'1", 208lbs, Farmers Branch, TX

---Foster has a bit more size than Williams but his arm accuracy (B-) and throw power (B) rate just below Williams. What moves him up to second and just edging out Chris Thomas is his speed (C+) and agility (B-). Though he's prone to fumbling when he's out of the pocket (D-) carry, he can move when need be.
    NOTED TEAMS INTERESTED: Alabama, FSU, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, VT

Chris Thomas comes in #3 on my board.

CHRIS THOMAS, 5-star QB (#1 QB)
    6'0", 201lbs, Galliano, LA

---The kid from Louisiana was highly heralded by rivals.com as being the top pocket passing QB in this class and he is that. (B) throw power/accuracy gives him a top arm in this class. Only thing is at his size, he's a statue in the pocket because he's not as flee of foot (D+ speed) as the other two QB's above him in my opinion. But Thomas is a true top prospect and will fit with someone who runs a pro-style offense.
    NOTED TEAMS TOP 10: Alabama, LSU, VT, Florida, Clemson, Tennessee

#4 we go to a 2-star kid.

TYLER WILCOX, 2-star QB (#34)
    6'1", 191lbs, Stores, CT

---For reasons unknown, we find a true gem, Tyler Wilcox who's ranked #34 by rivals. This kid has the best throw power in this class (A-) and has (C+) throw accuracy, which will only get better. It's a true and utter shock this kid won't get much attention but here I am on the Wilcox bandwagon as he may become the best pocket passer in this class!
    NOTED TEAMS TOP 10: FLORIDA

GARRETT WHITE, 4-star QB (#4 QB)
    6'2", 175lbs, San Diego, CA

---White comes in as a JUCO and that knocks him down a peg because he'll come in either as a SOPH or JR but the kid has talent. (B) throw power and (B-) accuracy and your looking at a solid QB prospect. To boot, he can run (C+), break tackles (C+) and is agile (B-) on his feet. Again if he wasn't a JUCO prospect, he would be a tad bit higher, possibly #2, because of his arm/speed and size combo.
    NOTED TEAMS IN TOP 10: LSU, CLEMSON, GT, UGA, TENNESSEE

DEMARION'S RANKINGS (QB)
    1. Jon Williams- 5'11", 199lbs, Centreville, VA
    2. Ryan Foster- 6'1", 208lbs, Farmers Branch, TX
    3. Chris Thomas- 6'0", 201lbs, Galliano, LA
    4. Tyler Wilcox- 6'1", 191lbs, Stores, CT
    5. Garrett White- 6'2", 175lbs, San Diego, CA
    6. Chris Warren- 6'1", 224lbs, Fairhope, AL
    7. Malcolm Johnson- 6'3", 199lbs, Aiea, HI
    8. Chris Clark- 6'0", 203lbs, Milwaukee, WI
    9. Nate Pollard- 6'2", 247lbs, Lakewood, NJ
    10. David James- 6'0", 188lbs, Pikesville, MD
    11. Justin Nelson- 6'2", 224lbs, Unalaska, AK
    12. Robert Keller- 6'2", 206lbs, South Gate, MD
    13. Quinn Wesley- 6'5", 210lbs, El Monte, CA
    14. Rashad Turner- 6'1", 189lbs, Tallassee, AL
    15. Brian Williams- 6'1", 200lbs, Fort Rucker, AL
    16. Desmond Pollard- 6'1", 188lbs, West Palm Beach, FL
    17. Chris Moore- 6'2", 185lbs, West Covina, CA
    18. Marcus Tyler- 6'1", 195lbs, Monterey, CA
    19. Dwayne Madison- 6'5", 208lbs, Waterbury, VT
    20. John Pendleton- 6'3", 189lbs, Paradise Valley, AZ
    21. Cole Dukes- 6'5", 210lbs, Wailuku, HI
    22. Ricky Barber- 6'3", 218lbs, Granite City, IL
    23. Tim Bradford- 6'3", 215lbs, Orange, CA
    24. Carlos Hall- 6'6", 199lbs, Charles, IL
    25. Kyle McClelland- 6'5", 215lbs, Myrtle Grove, FL

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good shit man, that's awesome. I did all the rankings but just kind of petered out as the season wore on... I don't need a QB but I'm looking forward to hearing the ratings on some of the other positions, I did see the guy you have #1 and thought "he's too short" even though I just recruited a QB that's ONE INCH taller... lol.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Haha yeah the QB's in this class are midgets man...I'm like wow, they are ALL small. Though I am impressed of that 2-star QB, he's a pure gem right there and rated higher than damn near all of the QB's in his class!

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hahah cool stuff Mo, I lol'd at Demarion. Although nobody good seems to like UNC, I'll be tuned in.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Lots of QB's interested in Alabama....we got our sights on 1 and will put a full court press on him. Week 2 should be interesting

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im going after Thomas... hometown kid and he's somewhat interested... might as well take a run with that kind of arm.

7. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Don't you guys have lives? When do you find the time to do all this shit?

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ah it took me maybe an hour to do that writeup. I mean if you know what to say, it doesn't take that long at all. Most of the time is taken writing the names from the screen onto the computer.

I haven't had the time to do much by the computer though with work/women/music...kinda been tough for me :)

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

they don't have the time committed to gay bathhouses that you do, so it frees them up to do some cool stuff like this.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL Ryno..

Personally I have no life if life means kids, working extra hours to pay for child support, or other things that a lot of people my age have to deal with... If Kids ever come into the picture then obvoiusly stuff like the recruiting info which I do consider fun would no longer be a possibility. Sorry if that offends anybody, I enjoy it. If you don't, don't fucking read it :)

I probably spend less time on that then Ramirez spends facing random scoundrels in online games. That I don't find enjoyable :(

Mo: You ain't got no women.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

You have to budget your time....I have none right now but it is fun to do it.

Your right Mo the writeup doesn't take long.....it's the analysis.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm pretty good with words :)...Helli knows because he's been doing dynasty reports since I can remember. If Juggs had time like he did in the past, he woulda been helping a lot with shyt like this as well.

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah I really did wish I had time to do shit like this, or even just team recaps/previews, etc. Unfortunately...:(

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah you have a "life" now :(

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Juggs ain't got no life he just has t.v. shows he has to watch.

16. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Late at night....The lonely stoner likes to free his mind at night..........

I get high and run a couple of games late at night..... I do that or watch CNN or MSNBC, fuck those assholes over on FOX!

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    RUNNING BACKS

The RB position has produced many oddities over the past few years. 175 lb power backs, 250 lb speed backs...what's the world coming to EA? Well this year, EA/rivals.com has their #1 RB, a JUCO kid. Kevin Grier, a 6'2", 200lb back who has decent speed (B+), but can break tackles (B)...yet, cannot truck worth ANYTHING (D-). One thing about this back though is he can catch the ball out of the backfield (C), something that's proven to be valuable for many offenses.

In this class, there's 2-3 TOP RB's then there are the others who can contribute right away as backup RB's. The #1 RB on my board is...

GEOFF WARD, 5-star RB (#2 RB)
    6'1", 180lbs, Port Neches, TX

---Ward is one of those stud RB's I was alluding to. He has great speed (A-) and doesn't fumble the football (B) in which he fumbled the ball once in his HS career and that was in his sophomore year! He breaks tackles (B-) and is pretty agile (B+). Ward is one of those kids that will definitely turn into a star down the road and can help a collegiate program as soon as he steps onto campus. I expect big things out of Ward immediately.
    TOP TEAMS INTERESTED: FSU, LSU, Miami

AARON ROGERS, 4-star RB (#6 RB)
    6'0", 198lbs, Cheraw, SC

---What we love about Rogers is that he's one of those jack of all trades type of RB. His speed is solid (B+), can break tackles (B-), protects the ball (C+) and every once in a while he can truck a guy or two (C). He's a bit flashy as he can spin and juke pretty well (B) and he's quick to get up to top speed (B+). Most of all, the kid knows what he's doing on the field (C+ awareness). What your going to get is a kid that every program needs.
    TOP TEAMS INTERESTED: Nebraska, Georgia, FSU, Florida

JAMAL HARRELL, 4-star RB (#10 RB)**
    6'1", 215lbs, Napa, CA

---We really lower JUCO kids because they can't stay a full 4 years and it's unclear if the NCAA will do if they allow him to come into college as a SO or JR. But Harrell is talented. He has a power RB's body with a 215lb frame. He's a workhorse as evident of his (A-) stamina and combines that with (B) injury so you really don't have to worry about working him. Harrell has (A) acceleration, which is tops in his class. (B+) speed, (B-) break tackle, (C+) carry, (C-) awareness...this kid is another one who can come in right away and help a team. For teams who love the power run game, Harrell is your guy.
    TOP TEAMS INTERESTED: Colorado, LSU, Miami, FSU

TOMMY DAVIS, 3-star RB (#28 RB)
    5'11", 205lbs, Santa Clarita, CA

---Davis is one of those gems you find in a class. From Cali, Davis is a speedy back and one you need to break a game open. What you need to know about Davis is these important ratings...(A-) speed, (B+) agility, (B+) acceleration, (C+) break tackle, (C+) carry. He's got what it takes to be a star in college, not to mention he has good size for a RB.
    TOP TEAMS INTERESTED: Florida, Oregon State

JERRY CLEVELAND, 4-star RB (#5 RB)
    5'11", 198lbs, Moody, AL

---When looking at Cleveland, you'll see he's slow as molasses (B-) but what he lacks in speed, he makes up for it in everything else. (A-) acceleration, (B-) awareness, (C+) break tackle and B carry. Meaning he can come in and play right away. The system he's in helps as he's already committed to Alabama, a known power run team. He won't be a star but he's the type
    that will get the tough yards for Bama.
    COMMITTED TO ALABAMA

DEMARION'S RUNNING BACK RANKINGS
    1. Geoff Ward, 6'1", 180lbs, Port Neches, TX
    2. Aaron Rogers, 6'0", 198lbs, Cheraw, SC
    3. Jamal Harrell, 6'1", 215lbs, Napa, CA
    4. Tommy Davis, 5'11", 205lbs, Santa Clarita, CA
    5. Jerry Cleveland, 5'11", 198lbs, Moody, AL
    6. Kevin Grier, 6'2", 200lbs,
    7. Carlos Frye, 6'0", 200lbs, Hewitt, TX
    8. Andrew Bonner, 6'0", 200lbs, St. Dennis, KY
    9. Jeremy Thompson, 6'2", 217lbs, Kapolei, HI
    10. Rodney Brewer, 5'10", 168lbs, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    11. Ryan Hickman, 5'9", 205lbs, Cathedral City, CA
    12. Derrick Simmons, 6'0", 187lbs, Arlington, TX
    13. Andy Beck, 5'11", 196lbs, South Holland, IL
    14. Nate Weaver, 5'11", 205lbs, Pleasanton, CA
    15. Joey Jones, 5'11", 200lbs, Philadelphia, MS
    16. Maurice Bradshaw, 5'11", 198lbs, Columbus, OH
    17. Anthony Baker, 5'11", 192lbs, College Station, TX
    18. Ty Smith, 5'11", 191lbs, Kathleen, TX
    19. David Chambers, 6'1", 195lbs, Boca Raton, FL
    20. Ryan Walker, 6'0", 219lbs, Donaldsonville, LA
    21. Christian Gilbert, 6'3", 234lbs, Orange, TX
    22. Will Galloway, 6'0", 186lbs, Raceland, LA
    23. Will Jordan, 5'9", 178lbs, Redondo Beach, CA
    24. Chad Anderson, 6'1", 211lbs, El Dorado, AR
    25. Brian Carroll, 6'2", 196lbs, Live Oak, TX

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this is gonna be a dogfight... FSU has the early lead with a week 2 visit, but he was in Baton Rouge for the pillaging of #17 Iowa in week 3.. let's see if all the winin' and dinin' did any good.. this guy would be the perfect HB to take over whenever Bailey decides to take it to the Pro's.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    FULLBACKS

You know those guys who make openings for your star RB? Yeah that fellow is pretty important for a team. The FB position isn't one of glamour and teams usually just settle for anyone to fill the position.

LAWRENCE NOLEN, 4-star FB, (#1 FB)
    6'1", 199lbs, Sheffield Lake, OH

---Bama grabs the #1 FB in this class and he kinda reminds me of the RB they signed in this class, Jerry Cleveland. Nolen is a strong kid who will be seeing carries from the FB position. (B-) break tackle, carry and trucking, he's a beast and hits like a load. Better yet, he's a very good blocker for a kid his size. (C+) run block strength and (B-) run block footwork adds to the impressive resume of Nolen. Oh and he has a mean stiff arm (B) as well.
    COMMITTED TO ALABAMA

DEMARION'S FULLBACK RECRUITING RANKINGS
    1. Lawrence Nolen, 6'1", 199lbs, Sheffield Lake, OH
    2. Kellen Henderson, 6'3", 261lbs, Goodland, KS
    3. Charles Williams, 5'10", 205lbs, Jupiter, FL
    4. Chris Felder, 6'0", 230lbs, West University, TX
    5. Johnny May, 5'9", 210lbs, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
    6. Shawn Mason, 6'0", 210lbs, Bellefontaine, MO
    7. Brian James, 6'0", 235lbs, White Oak, OH
    8. Michael Young, 6'0", 222lbs, Griffin, GA
    9. Seth Taylor, 6'1", 266lbs, Fort Worth, TX
    10. Terence Copeland, 6'3", 248lbs, Florissant, MO

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice work Mo.
    I don't need a HB from this class but will be in the market next season. I agree with your rankings based on the cursory look I gave it, Ward is a beast. Not strong at all, but has the rest you look for.

I'm glad that the FB I'm after isn't on your list...

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    There were a few FB's that were pretty decent...but as far as the total package, isn't many available. I should see what FB your talking about though :)

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah FSU had the lead last time i checked but a big win over Iowa and that may sway things in favor of the Bayou boys.

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh he's nothing special, good backup etc.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    found him! he's pretty good...I should edit my FB rankings to include him...great speed, strong, agile, strong run blocking attributes aside from run block itself lol.

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

So.... after knocking me for not posting all my rankings look who has like 10 positions to do in the final 6 weeks of the season! :D