Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by KnightNoles, Mar 8, 2011.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Lets hear em

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'm not very good. (I can only seem to get like 85% power max =/)
    The courses look nice.
    I haven't figured out how to set up your own shots instead of what the caddy says.
    The putting system feels kind of clunky and is a bit of a pain in the ass. I suppose my mind might change on this one the more I play, but I'm not a fan.

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I like the game a lot. Courses look great and game play is solid.

I think the caddy feature will probably get turned off for the TGA as it sets up your shots for yourself and does it pretty well.

@KillerNuts to set up your own shot hit up on the left stick in to go into aim mode. Then use the dpad and right stick to change your aim and type of shot you want to use. The triggers switch clubs and X button switches from full, pitch, punch, chip.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Going to download now.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What will be different from the Demo when we play Basis, gameplay rule wise?

I liked it. Putting was weird for me though.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Love it....going to play more this evening when I leave work. Didnt get to play long yesterday

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

like it like the caddy feature i think it adds to the game i used him half the time went with custom half the time. putting is hard even with tiger and caddy help miss hit it a bit and you miss the cup by 4-5 inches

8. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

I'm loving the demo a lot. I actually think we should keep the caddy if we can in online mode, it adds to the realism of the game. He isn't always right and at least he helps with the new putting system, but he doesn't always read the green correctly. Playing the demo has me even more pumped for the TGA Tour!

9. Iron Mickey

i like your avatar

[​IMG]

10. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

@timroy85 I'm at 40000 XP already buddy.

Love the demo. I thought it was hard. Some rounds I went -4 if I was lucky some I went +4 or more depending on pin placement and conditions. I like the caddy feature, I actually used custom shot about 70% of the time, I thought it was a good indication on what club to use, which is usually was a caddy is for. Also helping you read the green is a help but is not like the other TW games. You can still f up the shot by not putting straight. I guess your caddy can get XP points for knowing certain courses. That might be the only trouble with the caddy feature is he may get to good at knowing a course. But if it is the same caddy we have in the demo, I don't think there is an real advantage gained by having a caddy.

11. KnightNoles

I'm used to pressing B and having it go down the course and changing where I want to hit the ball. Hate that its the Left Stick now and was a little lost to begin Teeing off with the change.

What's the difference in putting? Guess I didn't really pay attention, only reading the greens and adjusting my putt.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

stop spamming me on xbox live, pricks!

13. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

@KnightNoles I did not have TW 11, I believe this was in it but not sure, but if you do not pull the stick back straight and forward straight your putt will be off. Could have been like this before, but it just seemed more defined. I had some putts that were way off course because I could not keep the analog straight.

14. KnightNoles

the stick is the same...

15. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

16. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I like the demo, I like the caddy. The courses look good, my swing feels good, I like my chances.

17. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I thought it was great. I really like the caddy feature.

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I might have to play this like I do in real life. Have a couple of cold ones... if only I can talk my wife into being the cart girl on my round.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Demo was fun, graphics look great. Caddy feature kinda pisses me off as I can't easily set up my own shots and it took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to manually do it before I took one shot. Also depended on it during a put and I was about 6 feet short. Other than that, can't wait.

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I like the demo as well.

There will be NO caddy feature on the tour. There WILL be use of the caddy feature in the ladder tournaments. Executive decision.

• Like Like x 1
  21. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Putting sucks on this game. For some reason it is impossible for me to bring the putter straight back and straight forward. I hit most of the GIR, but putt 3-5 times per hole.

The graphics are outstanding.

It took a while to figure out how to change clubs, shots and shot shapes, but after figuring out the mechanics, it's not too bad.

22. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    that's all nice to say,BUT there is pretty good chance the caddy will hard wired and not an option to turn on/off...I mean it is quite possible you'll be able to disable it locally if you not need it,but can not force it on other players...

Myself absolutely hate the feature,since i think it dumbs down the game...trow in the putting circle and the rumble feature and people(including me) who wanted more SIM game have been having fits for the past 2 days...

23. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I pretty much agree the caddy is crap. I really hope we can disable that for people.

24. Iron Mickey

:doodie:

25. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I'm liking the demo. The caddy is just annoying, I still shape my own shot 99% of the time. I'm fired up for the 29th and getting ready for some league play!