Demo is out

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Demo is out

All, the demo hit the Playstation Store... If you have any general impressions, post em here.

2. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Seems kinda fun - I can actually pass!

Gameflow is nice, but might get repetitive? Then again it's a demo..

3. stealth

stealth Walk On

i played the game once so far and found it boring. I dont like the kicking(liked it better with the stick.lol) cant stand the new stratdegy thing with the direction pad. It seems like to me it will take to long to make adjustments on defense.

4. Mags

I played three games. Very disjointed. Audio isn't much better. Hate the strategy pad. Running and passing feels better though I saw way too many broken tackles. Gameflow is ok bit awful for defense. Not a fan, bit don't hate it as much as I thought. Using it reminds me of playing in practice mode and selecting random play.

Again. Feels very unpolished. Demo or not, it doesn't compel me to buy the game. New audio and presentation gets old quick. The inhale promotion of old spice will only make me shut it off quicker.

5. stealth

stealth Walk On

bright side i think i did see an option to turn the fight for fumble off. of course it prob doesnt work in online game.lol

6. scarface

scarface Walk On

I think the strategy thing will help guys who could not remember the hot routes, (hoyt, Stykman) to name a couple. took some getting used to.
    the run game seems easier holes seemed where they should be.
    it seemed like I have been there before.
    Game flow is junk in my opinion, I was losing for a while and it was picking dives, when a blitz was coming it picked play action, now it may want me to audible out of it but so far its nothing I would use.

7. stealth

stealth Walk On

how do you guys like not having a sprint button

8. Mags

I didn't mind it Stealth. I like hammering it when the time is right, but TBH I didn't miss it. I do feel like just mashing on the right stick is the equivalent of just hammering up to truck. Dunno, didn't feel too 'advanced'. I liked having controls of stiff arms and jukes. I'm not opposed to change, but not just for the sake of changing.

9. stealth

stealth Walk On

yeah . then liked i liked no more qb sprint roll outs

10. gt86

gt86 Walk On

i played on all pro and all madden as the colts and I couldn't run for crap. So far I'm not liking the locomotion controls. I'm finding very hard to control the player I'm controling very well.

11. scarface

scarface Walk On

locomotion for me was so so sometimes I got it sometimes I was like WTF, just takes getting used to like all the other stuff.

12. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

WTF???

I don't even wanna play this shit ass version, and I'm getting Bashed?

FU Scar.:)

For the record...I know Every GD Hotroute in the game. I even know all the "Formation Subs" from '08. You'll see that Offense in a few weeks dickhead.

13. scarface

scarface Walk On

HEY butter cup I meant the D line stuff CB press/zone/backoffs audibles and such not just hot routes. I remember many times you guys saying shit I cant get my D auds in quick enough.

That being said this game still makes me go blah, I may cancel my preorder and just put it to nba2k @@@@ Jordan is in the game DUH...

14. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Good choice. Now re-load '08 on the CPU and hit me up for a scrim B-Atch!!!

15. scarface

scarface Walk On

I have had it installed since we started last year on PS3