Demo Talk and Player Ratings

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Michael Overman, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

So the demo will be out for ps3 in the next few hours...hopefully the download time isn't crazy long

Here are the player ratings for SEA/GB and SF/BAL

• Like Like x 2
  2. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Initial Impressions....49ers O-line...wow

• Like Like x 1
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I've said this before, but I'll say it again before anybody starts busting out with negative criticisms...

Just keep in mind that the demo is just that; a demo. We will be able to see the new infinity engine and some of the new features, layouts, and animations. However, please refrain from forming any opinions regarding the gameplay based on playing the CPU on a basic build of the game; aka the demo. I'm sure that once we have a finished product in hand that Michael and Jim will be able to determine our best gameplay parameters for the league. Can't wait for Aug 27! (y)

• Like Like x 2
  4. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Downloading now.....

Shout out to Jim Zorn
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Gonna knock out my workout, then, not sure if I should pick up the kids from daycare or let them find there own way home and just run a game or two...geekin to play, but probably won't get a chance until they are sleep, smdh

• Like Like x 2
  7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

If you listened to the people on OS you would think it was the worst game ever lol demo is no where near the final product it just peaks peoples interest until real thing is dropped.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CHUNKNESS

I take any information/communication provided by/within that community with a grain of salt.

Touch it, bring it, pay it, watch it, turn it, leave it, stop, format it

• Like Like x 1
  9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Scrim anyone?

Wait, this isn't for online, is it?

10. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Fuck me.

11. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

doesnt a ton of people say that? seems like with each Gen some ppl just Hate it and leave.

yes sometimes they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back... But we are the sucka that keep dropping 60 bucks a year for it!

Playing 9 holes tonight so wont get the demo till 9 PST or so... GO NINERS!!!!! :)

12. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I love this time of year ncaa month later madden. Fantasy leagues starting football is in the air getns.

• Like Like x 2
  13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Game is pretty fluid IMO. I like it so far.

I just torched the Niners for over 100 yards with Ray Rice. Seems like running in the open field is much easier than in the past (bouncing off tackles, mistackles) so the defense may want to let up on the hitstick...

14. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Funny...i just smacked the Niners myself. But threw all over em and picked Kaepernick 3x. It was my 3rd game...the first 2 were close ones to the end. I enjoy the gameplay and feel like its alot smoother than last years Demo. So thats a good start. Overall impressed. Very similiar to last season.

15. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I played as Seattle and midway thru the 3rd Nelson became invisible so I couldn't cover him

• Like Like x 1
  16. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

You can turn off accelerated clock if you pause after the game starts...longer game

Demo is glitchy though...players from both teams are invisible at times, happened in both games I played. All you see is their shadow. I like that they got rid of the "doggystyle" freeze where players would stay o the ground like a dog, or after PAT's and FG's, the kicker would just stand there bent over looking foolish. Animations seem beefed up with more variety of commentary too. I like to see Pete Carroll spazzin out constantly after 3rd down conv after 3rd conv. Looks like they added more sideline animations. Field degradation look pretty good at Lambeau, the type of degradation that could cause a torn ACL :D...i HOPE TO SEE MORE INJURIES such as ACL tears, turf toe, high ankle sprains, etc, that could be caused by a shitty field and a cheap wher not maintaining it ( Wishful thinking, the game isn't that advanced)...Green Bay playbooks looks to be identical as in 2013, hope this isn't the case for the rest of the teams. Caperick(sp) is fast, I can see a difference between him and Russell, Cap will be the 2014 Mike Vick in lobby play, good thing I'm in SIM leagues, I would probably have to play strictly offline and against buddies if it weren't for that fact. Back to to my random thoughts/review...Game looks the same IMO, graphics wise. I like the new hurry up / audibles that keep u in that base formation but gives you 4 different plays to pick. No more Shotgun 4 receivers, then hurry up audible to single back 2 TE (WR at the TE positions, CHEESE)...What else...They change up Line audibles, Why I don't know...EA should make the audibaling system controls the same as NCAA, I find myself getting them mixed up at times, no biggie tho....Oh yeah, they have a sideline reporter that gives you info prior to the first kickoff...ummm, that's it for now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

I havent played it yet looking forward to it tonight! Do they still have the quakerback shotgun draw overly effective?

18. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I threw a TD pass against the invisible Ravens secondary. I taped it, so I'll try and upload the invisible ownage later. It's kind of hilarious...

19. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Shouldn't matter. People in this league wouldn't be running that play anyways....

20. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

That play is not in my playbook but i didnt know it was banned here, i like that! No tellin how many times Ive had a game won then the opp breaks out the unstoppable play where the QB breaks every tackle and never fumbles

21. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

He didn't mean that the play was banned, I believe he was implying that players in this league know better than to use "money" plays to win games. We're about sim football, and we hardly worry about our opponents abusing such plays. We all know better, or at least we should know better.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

Ahh i got cha! The play can be stopped but its so frustrating playing someone that runs that as part of there offensive gameplan. No skill what so ever.

23. CHUNKNESS

Yeah, that was Troy's point (redlishus). It's like we discussed after your tryout... If you get the call to play in the league, you will want to make sure to mix up your playcalling, which you were. Not just run vs pass, but inside plays vs outside plays, streaks vs curls, spreading the love, etc. My guess is only 5% of the guys in this league play lobby ball anymore and that's being generous. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  24. CHUNKNESS

I certainly enjoy that with the M25 demo the running back features make it feel more like a running game instead of just a "speed to the outside and turn the corner" game.

• Like Like x 2
  25. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Following blocks baby! Anyone else notice the double team blocks and 2nd level blocks?

Also like the ability to finish runs with the new animations.

• Like Like x 2