Demo

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by krbonn76, Jun 28, 2011.

1. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

The demo came out today! Should be fun to get our feet wet with the new game, also it allows us to unlock i believe five pro ccombat uni's which will be sweet.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Before I give my 1st impressions, let me say, for the love of God please don't make this the negative nancy thread. The game is a game. It won't ever be perfectly realistic. Focus on the good. Don't be "that" guy. That said:

Cons
    -I played on All-American, was Oregon and beat Texas 30-0 @ Texas in 8mins!!! Holy hell that is a lot of points and I didn't even score on a KR/PR as I've seen many many say is way too easy.
    -Texas was terrible. Not sure they completed a pass and I sacked Gilbert like 5 times.
    -The grass/field looked like crap I thought
    -The fans were same ole same ole

Pros
    -The game just feels fresh. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new tackle mechanics, tackle animations and player movement/responsivity. Very refreshing.
    -I could run with Oregon's spread. Exciting.
    -The helmets and graphics were great
    -The presentation, cut-scenes, and ESPN stuff was much much better
    -Love the back to old-school playbook scroller
    -zone defense (when on offense and defense) just felt right. sooooo much better. awesome stuff.
    -some say passing is hard. i think i was like 10-10, but even as much as I hope it is harder than that... passing through the zones felt absolutely realistic and awesome. huge addition and improvement.
    -screens were great, maybe too easy, but looked/felt great
    -can't say it enough... mechanics just felt great. tackling is awesome. running is awesome.

overall, very excited about the game! only real concern is that is was too easy and texas was terrible. but notoriously these are the kinds of things that are hugely improved upon from the demo build to the release final build. tons of potential!

3. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

How long did it take to download the demo on your systems? I started it about 7 this morning and it's just now over 50% (it's 8:30 now)

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Mine was slow as hell as well. I started and left the house for a couple of hours. It was done when I got back, but I haven't been able to try it out yet.

5. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Mine finally finished! Gotta check it out before I head to work.

6. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I played two games last night and didnt find anything too great or too bad versus 2011. The real improvments seem to be in areas that are not included in the demo.

7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

My connect in Mexico is far slower than in the US....took about 2 hrs., which doesn't seem much more than you guys in the US experienced....

So since last night have put in about 5 hrs. playing....hey I'm retired, thats one of the benefits, doing mindless activities to keep the mind sharp.

My experience is very limited to NCAA 10, played seasons with NCAA 11....so still kind of a semi rookie!

Impressions;

Graphics, intros....continued improvement
    The "feel" of the game, is continuing to become more realistic
    Zone defense, marked improvement...so depending on one's skill level, could be more of a challenge
    Tackling-seems like there are more big hits...ball carrier falling back, think EA went a little overboard, this is the college game...still a lot of
    drag type tackles...grabbing on and waiting for help
    Play calling-like NCAA 10 was?.....has a better flow, user friendly
    As a coach it would seem that play calling is going to be more true to the game....even on All American settings

Looked at the Coaching Carsouel mode....should be great for motivating one to do better...lot of fun....we need to explore modifying conferences...

8. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

I thought the demo was great. I downloaded it for my Xbox because it takes my PS a few hours to download anything! I loved the new collision system, and the graphics look great. I mostly played on Heisman, and I thought the running seemed a little difficult. Overall very satisfied. Can't wait! 13 days to go!

9. vatechhokie01

Def not into modifying conferences the 1st couple of seasons as I'm a slave to realism. But I was thinking it would be fun (maybe what you're talking about) to come up with a set of parameters that could get a small school an invite to a bigger conference and mix things up a few seasons down the road. (am up for creating fun like adding ND to Big East and blowing up Big12 in a couple of yrs maybe!)

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am not downloading the demo....GANGSTER

11. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Yay! Death to the Big12!

12. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Death to the Big12? Does that mean we get the Pac16...Oklahoma would destroy that conference!

13. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Maybe Oklahoma would compete, but that is just one team. I do believe that they will be one of the best teams this year especially if they get past FSU (hopefully that doesn't happen though!)

14. vatechhokie01

played my 2nd game last night. beat alabama 3-0. i REALLY like the feel of this game... best yet, but have to say again: the computer offenses on AA suck terribly so far. Here's to hoping.

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

5 Kick off returns for TDs...between Oregon and Ala'....of course the fun of doing this will soon end as at WKU we
    just want to catch the ball! With the zone defense being better, making sure I do not force the ball, a bad habit, becomes
    even more crtical...no turnovers is a must to win...

16. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

I think its time to stop playing the demo so much, did Texas and Bonner and Goose were starting tackles and Bevo started at QB...on a more serious not can not find any note of NCAA 12 on the Mexico Best Buy site!

• Like Like x 1
  17. vatechhokie01

when are you going to be able to get it by you think? here's to hoping!

18. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

I am going on the July 13th....going to have a Mexican friend call Best Buy for me in advance....so if its not there I don't waste time stopping there..Coscto, Sams are nearby

19. TJM

TJM Walk On

You know what will be neat with the CC is whenever a head coach takes over another school and implements his offense (and also seeing your former schools new offense and stats). Though from what I read as a head coach you control everything, so you cant hire a specific o coordinator and a specific d coordinator (nor can you fire them). To be able to have full control of that, allowing your o coordinators to call plays, with the option to jump in and call your own, would be neat.

Would be interesting to see a spread coach take over a school like Navy and completely change the whole philosophy of a program.

20. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

It's a good idea, but it would probably be pretty rare. Maybe if the coach is an alumni they will have a better chance. They say that teams will hire coaches with similar play styles as what the program currently has.

21. vatechhokie01

22. TJM

TJM Walk On

My bad, really truely sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone and thought this board all took everything in jest. I seriously have no problem with skin color.

23. vatechhokie01

no worries. thanks for the apology. case closed.