Denard Robinson...

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by Masler, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Denard Robinson...

Has to be the definition of what we call cheese. Instantly scrambles. Tisk tisk. He gets the ban hammer from me.

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Actually he sits in the pocket and pump fakes first then runs.... and Also those are design draws with are legit.... he's not calling pass plays in then running.... And he's running option style plays which are also very sim!!!

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Gunna break the single season rushing record

4. Hova

If somebody did that with denard that would be banned instantly haha

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

But cmon, he thinks run first pass later. Put him at HB if he has those kind of skills. Tate has a better arm anyway.

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I did move him to HB in Coast2Coast.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

RichRod wants a scrambler with Robinson's ability back there, Tate's fucked. He can run, but not like Robinson

8. Hova

What if somebody wants to runs Michigan's offense like it is ran in real life this year? Would that be acceptable? haha

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't think so....any QB with 300+ yds of rushing in two weeks would be banned instantly.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I did it for 3 years with him in NCAA '10.

He transfered to my Army team and redshirted his transfer year.

His junior year he had over 2,000 yards rushing in the fleXbox One.

No cheese, just got 20+ carries a game.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

He won't be a factor by the time the Wolverines come to Columbus. If you make him run the ball 30 times a game he will get injured, I guarantee it.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I actually ran our offense pretty much close to that except I have to rotate my QBs in and out to remain "sim". I had 300+ rushing yards in two weeks. I also ran for 190 against a user controlled Notre Dame team including a 90 yard run. He was hurt due to a late hit (in the endzone) that put him out for the rest of the year. He transferred this year so I'm stuck with Tate who I'm about to bench for Gardner.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is probably true. ND's defense is shaky at best, and when the weather turns cold, and Iowa, Wisconsin, and OSU are on the schedule, this whole dynamic is going to change. Give hard-hitting teams some tape to watch, and someone is going to snap Denard's legs off.

Great performances, but I just can't see it keeping up for long. Terrelle couldn't take that punishment for a season, and he's a big strong dude. Little Man's gonna get knocked right out of those shoes he doesn't tie.

14. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

He may get injured during the season... But He'll heal, rest and be 100% healthy for the OSU game!!!! How nice would it be for OSU to be 11-0 and have their title hopes crushed by D. Robinson and the Wolverines!!

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Masler, I can't tell if you're serious or not (I think you are), but did you even watch the Michigan game? He rarely scrambled that entire game. Almost every single one of his runs was either a designed QB run or an option. One of the things he's improved upon most this year is his lack of "I gotta pass it. Well, my first read isn't open, so I'm gonna run." He did that last year, but this year he actually reads his progressions and if he's flushed from the pocket, he's still looking to throw. He may have scrambled and run the ball 2 or 3 times against ND. Even the ones where he pump fakes first and then takes off aren't scrambles. Those are designed QB draws. On pass plays, he doesn't think "run first, pass later" at all. He does think "run first, pass not at all" on running plays though (I know... weird).

And why would they move him to HB when he's so much more dangerous @ QB?

16. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Watching the past two games makes me wonder-what if RichRod had been able to run this offense with Michael Vick at QB?

17. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Also, as someone with no rooting interest either way, I hope Robinson stays healthy and gets to play OSU. He is a hell of an option QB.

18. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

he's as close to pat white as rich rod has..personally i like the way the little guy plays

19. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

#FACT Denard Robinson > Pat White

better arm.. faster qb.. stronger runner

20. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

he is an athlete. still has to become a leader tho. i think he is close

21. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

the team sees him as the leader already..

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks... because I was just about to post this. That's the reason he starts over Forcier because the team considers him the leader of the team:)

Surprised their aren't more Michigan haters floating thru here;)

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Its kinda sad to see a team rely so much on one player. Robinson goes down, then Michigan is effed. At least at WV they had decent RB's to rely on.

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

Jello, I only saw the second half, he ran a bit more than the first half I think. Its wasn't about designed or not, Notred Dame should have picked that offense apart because if Denard is contained then we will see if he can throw TDs. I think he is good with short to medium range but if he has to throw downfield he gets scary inaccurate.

25. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

HA.

I wondered the exact thing Sunday watching the Eagles/Vick.

Would it have been cheat codes? Like game genie shit, but in real life?