Denver goes to 7-3 with 20-13 win over Oakland

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by saintsdave75, Dec 10, 2014.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

In the 2nd game of a 4-game home stretch (and game 3 of a 4 game divisional game run), the Broncos defense and HB Amond Curry would lead the team to a 20-13 win at home against the visiting Oakland Raiders. The Raiders would start the game off with a long 1st quarter drive taking up most of the quarter, but it would come to an end when Aqib Talib would step in front of an unsuspecting receiver and take it back untouched 80 yards for the TD.

The big plays wouldn't stop there, as the Raiders would get more bad luck on the ensuing kickoff as the returner would cough up the ball and it was recovered by Artaves Kearse, setting up the home team deep in their opponents territory. But then, on the next play, rookie QB Lindsay Clarke would get picked off in the endzone by FS DeJon Gomes, giving the ball back to the Raiders. They would then drive all the way down the field, but only be able to settle for a short field goal, making the score 7-3.

Another wild play would occur midway through the 2nd quarter, as Clarke would again be intercepted, this time by LB Mario Harvey. But, bad luck struck again as Harvey would fumble the ball back to the Broncos on the return. However, after further review, the ruling was overturned that Harvey was down before the fumble and gave the ball back to Oakland. This would lead to another short field goal by the Raiders as they inched closer 7-6. On Denver's next drive, they wouldn't get very far before Clarke would throw his 3rd pick of the 1st half, this time to CB Trumaine Johnson on 3rd down. Denver would later get another chance with under 2 minutes left, but Clarke yet again would throw a 4th interception to Raiders LB Sio Moore. Luckily, that drive would be ended a few plays later, as Chris Harris would get a pick of his own, setting up Matt Prater to hit a 59 yarder and finally ending the turnover-filled 1st half with Denver up 10-6.

Denver would open up the 2nd half with a nice long drive that resulted in a 38 yarder by Prater, putting them up 13-6. Oakland would quickly answer back when QB Derek Carr would hit TE David Ausberry, who would outmaneuver defenders en route to an 80 yard catch and score, tying the game up at 13-13. This would lead into a long Denver drive, highlighted by the running of Curry, who would punch it into the endzone from 1 yard out, putting the Broncos 20-13 midway into the 4th quarter. This would prove to be enough for the Broncos to preserve the win at home. Good game RVallee

Next week, the Broncos will look to build on their 2 game division lead as they host the Kansas City Chiefs.

• Like Like x 3
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Wow 4 int's and still came away with the win. Prater for president! Great recap Dave.

• Like Like x 1
  3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Thanks, it was a horrible offensive day, throwing at least. And for some odd reason, the stats only show 3 ints, but when writing the recap, I went through the video, so it was definitely 4. I figure it mustve been the instant replay-overturn on the int-fumble that got negated in the stats I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

It was! It was Mario Harvey's INT that didn't get recorded. I noticed first on DL, so then I checked on game and it didn't record there either. Robbed! Yeah crazy game!

• Like Like x 1