Depth Chart Differential

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, or if I'm just late in figuring this out. But why does the depth chart you view from the main CCM HQ page have substantially different OVR numbers for players as compared to the depth chart you can view from the in-game menu? For example, one of my players' OVR is an 80+ in the CCM depth chart, but when I view him on the depth chart in-game he's only a 75. What gives??

And there is more than this one player like that on my charts...

2. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

ea buddy...............get use to it;)...ala salary cap

3. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I believe its based upon scheme and hot and cold streaks during game.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

correct

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Cool, that makes sense. Thanks

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

It would be helpful if we could see the adjusted ratings in the CCM depth chart and personnel screens, but you can only see it when actually in the game.

7. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

When you are in a game (or practice), you do not see the new ratings (PHY, INT, SIZ, PRD, DUR) for CCM mode this year. These rating collectively affect what OVR rating your team assigns to players. That is why we had decided to use practice OVR ratings for in season trades, to take out the variables that come with the new ratings. This is the same reason why ratings can appear different for one team, than they do for another. (ex. My 2nd year defensive end is an 88 ovr for my team, but if someone like Troy looks at him he is probably a 60-something, because he wouldn't fit a 3-4 scheme well.)

Then, as Troy said, I believe the hot/cold streaks can actually affect the traditional ratings in game, which can compound things.

All in all, it would be nice if it was consistent on all screens, because it can obviously be very confusing as it stands right now.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I have an Excel file on my computer where I have my players OVR/contract written down to help me figure out trades/re-signings/etc., and I've noticed that the OVR shown in-game & in-practice (thus w/o the scheme attachments) doesn't fluctuate unless you use XP to improve a player or a player decreases in some attributes over the off-season