Depth chart/Play style glitch

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The following has been confirmed as a glitch in the commish forum. Please check your depth charts and fix if necessary.

There is a glitch with the play style pitch related to the depth chart and the play style pitch. It calculates your entire production from each position on the depth chart when deciding what rating to give you. Therefore we cannot have people putting their starting players at backup anywhere else on the roster. No exceptions. For instance if you have your HB as a backup quarterbackback (even if the cpu did it) it will give all his rushing yards to the QB position and improve your play style pitch there.

the play style pitch is a pretty cool new improvement but they seem to have messed up the implementation. We need this rule in place to get the most out of it.

Again, no starters anywhere else on the depth chart whatsoever.

recchem2000
    gowazzucougs
    Jayrah
    MexiRican35
    Wyrmreaver
    whygodwhy1111
    Cheez
    DirtycashDylan
    Kapono
    Boom29
    SatansAngel1104

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

aye aye

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Well, now that I know........ :D Time to "maximize" my team's potential!

5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

one question Dru50

this isn't an issue for me at the moment, but what if I had a really good TE and wanted to put him out wide in 4 or 5 WR sets? Is the correct way then to use formation subs?

Also, what about a backup? What if I had a #2 HB that was also my #4 WR? Is that cool or formation sub that crap?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Does this matter when shuffling around the Offensive Line?

7. Dru50

You would have to use formation subs I think, but it's really only an issue if the guys is getting a lot of PT at another position. To be safe, use the formation subs and don't put them on your depth chart.

8. Dru50

I don't think so, but why would one of your starters be a backup at another position?

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

If my left tackle gets injured, and my right tackle is the best replacement for that spot, I'll have him #2 on the LT depth chart and then have whomever is my #3 tackle slide into the Right tackle position. Shuffling among the Offensive Linemen is common.

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

In general, I don't think this issue really creates a problem in our league unless someone is intentionally exploiting the glitch. In the example provided by Wyrm, a true receiving TE threat would be in the 4/5 WR sets. And Wyrm should get credit for "receiving" TE play style. Wyrm wouldn't be putting a really good run blocking TE in his 4/5 WR sets.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

O line shouldn't be a problem. Play style for them is based on your rushing and passing stats.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Great point Boom (See Clemson, Washington, Stanford, Notre Dame, Missouri, Northwestern, Michigan State). Dru50 as long as the play styles of the player are similar/complementary in their second position (TE/WR, O-line or D-line, All Defensive Secondary) this should not be a problem and actually is the correct implementation as it SHOULD REALISTICALLY BOOST the other position if the player plays significantly in both positions and IF it is used without the intent to exploit the system.

WR/RB, WR or RB/QB, LB/CB or LB/DL are exploitable and definitely should be banned. I can see why for the game logic this is bad in general, but in all actuality it could be great if it were made to only help a couple choice positions that really do compliment each other.