Depth chart question

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Oct 2, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    Depth chart question

Are we allowed to have starters returning kicks/punts? I'm sure I read originally that we weren't allowed to (I think because it makes it too easy to win the Heisman) but I checked our current rules and didn't see it in there. I'm not sure if this is because the rule was changed, or because AG ran out of room in his rules post with his long winded ass.

I ask because I was checking out the Heisman race and the stat it listed for a user's starting HB was 100+ KR yards. I checked his depth chart and see that his top 2 returners are HB#1 and WR#2.

In fairness, I didn't check any other teams and, like I said, I don't see it in the rules any more. I'm just wondering if this is allowed or not.
  2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Feb 21, 2009
    I think this rule might have been for last year's version of the game, when it was pretty easy to rack up kick, and especially punt, return yards and TD's.

I wouldn't have any problem with starters returning kicks. I think the costs/benefits of doing so in this year's game is pretty well balanced.
  3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Feb 22, 2009
    Agree with everything you said. In 09 it was absolutely ridiculous how easy it was for a 99 speed halfback or wide receiver to win the Heisman.
  4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Jul 7, 2009
    Those rules came from my long winded ass...Ha!

But, I was wondering the same thing and agree, that was more of a NCAA 09 issue, not 10.