Depth Chart/Substitution Moves in Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Depth Chart/Substitution Moves in Question

I was just wondering if I would be allowed to use Arenas as a backup tailback? I have him 4th on my DC as a placeholder til Ingram is healthy but incase of further injuries I would like to know.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Hmm...

Well, it's obvious that he used to be a HB and was switched to CB. And he plays CB in real life for them so really I don't see a point in using him anywhere else besides CB (and kick/punt returner obviously).

Also, (note sure if you realize this or not) but having Arenas at HB makes his carry 37. He's a fumbling machine waiting to happen.

I just think, in real life, it's unlikely that they'd move him back to HB, therefore we should follow their real life example and not have him playing HB.

Obviously though, if push came to shove and you were down to only 1 or 2 HBs, he could be used sparingly but by no means would he be used as the starter or feature back in the offense as if in real life that were the case.

So, basically, unless one of your backs gets injured again, he shouldn't be seeing the field at HB and even then he should still be 3rd on the list.

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Ok thats fair I just really don't wanna lose a redshirt on richardson because of an injury that only lasts 2 or 3 weeks or just the rest of the game. just wondering but did you notice I posted that I have changed my playbook to Va Tech's? this will possibly mean rushing attempts for Maze and Jones but not many because I see the wildcat being a way to get someone hurt. I try to limit myself to using it between 5-10 times a game. If I need to use it even less or even swap back to Bama's playbook altogether just let me know.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I did see and not at all man. There's nothing that says you have to stick with one specific playbook. I just ask that you keep the post there up to date with whatever playbook you are using in case people want to lab against it to get a feel for what your offense or defense is going to be like.

Hell, if I didn't like USC's playbook so much, I wouldn't be using it.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Instead of making a new thread for this, I'm putting it here:

There are absolutely no restrictions on players moving from one position to another as long as they make sense.

What I mean by that is:

QB to WR is fine as long as they have the catch for it

WR to QB is fine as long as they have the passing ability for it (VERY tentative)

WR to HB is fine as long as they have the carry for it

HB to WR is fine as long as they have the catch for it

CB to WR is fine as long as they have the catch for it

WR to CB is fine as long as they have the coverage for it

Safety to LB is fine as long as they aren't below 200 pounds

LB to Safety is fine

CB to Safety and Safety to CB is fine

Kicker to Punter and Punter to Kicker is obviously fine

With that said, I still want any that's making ANY position changes at all beyond putting an Athlete somewhere to post them in this thread.