Depth Chart Template(Firefox Only)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Nautica, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Depth Chart Template(Firefox Only)

SodaAddict was gracious enough to supply us with an Excel template to post your Depth Charts. There is no need to wrap it, all you do is just copy and paste it.

THIS ONLY WORKS IN FIREFOX

Excel 2007 & 2010 Template

Excel 2003 Template

How to Use the Template:

1. Go to the Dynasty Wire, click on Rosters. Go to your team then Highlight the entire roster and copy it.
    2. In the Excel Template, click over to the "Copy-Pasted" Chart.
    3. Highlight Column "A" and then right-click over the column and then click on "Special Paste", then paste it as "text". A message might pop up saying something about being the wrong size, just click OK.
    4. Switch over to the "Ready for Posting" chart.
    5. Click on the very left hand corner of the chart, this should auto-highlight the whole chart.
    6. Next in the top, right hand corner of excel should be a "Sort & Filter" button, click on that and in the drop down click on custom sort.
    7. Now make sure to check the box "My data has headers" box and then click OK.
    8. Highlight only column "A" down to the bottom of the Info, you should see ||||||[/table] and below that should 0|0|0|0|0|0|0 on each line below that, only highlight down to the line that has the table wrap in it. Copy it.
    9. Now just paste it in the reply box and your good to go. No need to wrap it since the table wrapping code is already included.
    10. Now you can edit it how you want adding color to the headings and what-not.

HOW-TO VIDEO
    [YOUTUBE]IKqll021rgk[/YOUTUBE]

2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Someone brought to my attention tonight that Excel 2003 apparently does not have a custom sort option.

I did not know that... so I made a new version of the template that should remove the necessity for the custom sort.

It can be found here: http://www.filefront.com/17367000/Excel Template 1.1.xls

All you have to do differently is when you get to the sorting part, just have it sort From Smallest to Largest by Column Q, then From Largest to Smallest by Column G. That should fix that particular problem.

3. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

How do I bring it in after sorting it in excel?

5. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

ShiBDiB, could you go to FileFront and upload your actual file and post the link for me so I can look at it and see what happened?

Matrix Monkey, you should just be able to copy the "A" column from the ready to post tab down to the end of your roster, then just come to the appropriate forum and paste it in.

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Woooo, finally got it, thanks Soda.

With the board troubles yesterday and trying to get that post organized it took forever.