Depth Chart

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by edge7771, Jul 9, 2011.

1. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Reading through a post I saw the depth chart come into question and play rating. We can set or depth chart they we want it correct? I'm not say start a 70 over a 90, but if I have a WR that's a 90 and want to start and 85 over him that's ok right? I know I went through some charts in 11 and saw teams doing this or start lg at rg and mlb at rolb and so on. I know most people start speed, but I look at all the abilities and start who ever fits my system the best.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

For the most part you can do what you want as long as its within reason. The only issue that people tend to exploit by doing that is moving their #1 WR into the #3 spot so he is always in the slot and matched up against the #3 corner. As long as that's not the goal or the outcome, I'm pretty much ok with whatever. College football is great because players get used in every which way to maximize their talent, there are less defined roles.

For instance, if I get my way have WR (and former 5-star QB) Keith Nichol on MSU gets some throwing ratings then I plan to use him in the wildcat and inverted veer, which is exactly how MSU uses him.

3. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Agree, that's why when scouting another team sometimes I move my best CB to the nickel spot through formation subs to counter that.

4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

This is kind of why I don't like that they did formation subs, but didn't bring over the defensive match-ups that made it into Madden. It's definitely an advantage to the offense to be able to move their WRs/TEs/RBs around when the defense cannot put their #1 DB on the #1WR and have him follow him around all game. All the defense gets is the #s and positions.

I know Suge had his best WR in slot in a 5 wide formation while I could only watch my #4 DB get burned. Nothing against you Suge, just the most recent example I could think of, and by no means did you abuse it.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I agree the defensive matchups need to be in the game. It is a huge part of football on any level.

The formation Bill is talking about has the #1 as an inside receiver by the default.