Depth Charts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bamaboiking, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Depth Charts

People need to take their time to manually fix their depth charts. I seee too many safetys and corner backs playing in linebacking positions and everywhere else. Not hard or take long to set linebacks in linebacking positions, dline ect ect. some people have offenses that aint set also

2. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i will be getting my depth chart done today and hopefully getting it up in my scouting reports tonight

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Good post Bama...

Yeah I don't want to see any of that...I don't care if he's listed as a 2nd or 3rd string...No Corners/Safeties should be in any part of a Line-backing Corps depth chart.

Vice-versa for Offensive positions.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Suggestion: How about players have to play at their assigned position? I'm willing to do this but I'm reluctant because I still see safeties at cornerback positions and linebacker positions as well.

I just think it'll add some more strategy to the OD. Right now its basically, for the most part, win your user games and move on. What if we had to play that 57 Overall corner in the nickel? It'll leave more holes for people to try and exploit and for the user with the hole a strategy of how to fill that void.

Just a thought.

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i for one don't know what kind of CORN you sniffing up in Nebraska but i will do like any real coach and play my FS in the nickel instead of using a CB that i know can't cover a wet spot on the field

6. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

lol what gsu said, long as they are a db, now a corner at safety would be dumb because corners cant tackle

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Why not just move the safety? I have a QB that is a 72OVR CB... that's good enough to be my dime corner.... just a thought

8. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I think a safety at linebacker is a definite no, but I can see a safety being a nickelback simply because safeties and corners are very similar positions. Often times one coach will coach both positions and they learn the same footwork, drops, coverages, etc. I don't think you should play a safety as your #2 corner but if he is in for a nickel package I have no problem with that.

9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No problems with mixing up your secondary guys...

But no secondary guys @any LB spots.

10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Exactly. The nickel is more than just a coverage position. Saban calls it the Star and sometimes it's a safety or even a linebacker playing.