Derek's schedule thread.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DC, Jul 28, 2011.

  1. DC

    DC Shake n Bake

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    5,546
    Guys since my work schedule rotates weekly. I'm going to post in this thread any kind of updates. Whether it's my long week. Or short. Just to give everyone a heads up. I know I have a hard time remembering if I work Tuesday or Thursday of every week. I don't expect you guys too. So therefore here's my thread.
     
  2. DC

    DC Shake n Bake

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    5,546
    Update: I work tonight. I'd we advance tonight I can play my game tmrw. Depending on if and whe we advance Friday I may still be able to play. Saturday I will be gone to the lake all day and PROPOSING to my GF Saturday night. So Saturday will be a no go for me
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. egofailure

    egofailure Sim habits die hard!

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    Messages:
    3,309
    Thanks for the communication regarding your sched', and good luck with the proposal! I'll wait for the good news (her saying yes) before I say congrats. I don't want to jinx you. ;-)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DC

    DC Shake n Bake

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    5,546
    Communication is key.

    I'm pretty sure I got it in the bag. She talks bout it all time. She really wants it
     
  5. carolinaeasy

    carolinaeasy Walk On

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2010
    Messages:
    2,418
    Just a word of advice...if you put a jar on your dresser and put a penny in it for every time you have sex before you get married, and then take one out every time you have sex once you are married, you will never be broke.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DC

    DC Shake n Bake

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    5,546
    Very good advice my friend. Hope it's not true lol
     
  7. Archie Griffin

    Archie Griffin Walk On

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2009
    Messages:
    5,738
    Oh it's true all right. But when I heard it, it was about the first year of marriage, and then every year after.

    Here's another - dogs = kids. If she asks for a dog, she'll ask for a kid a few months later. Dogs are training kids. They use them to test your parenting skills.
     
  8. Brogowicz

    Brogowicz Walk On

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1,334
    I second all of that. The thing that they don't tell you is that you'll be as much to blame for the lack of sex as your wife. There's something about the hunt (or lack thereof) that takes all or most of the excitement away from it. You'll also find ways to hate each other. And instead of arguing about things that matter, you'll start an argument about something that doesn't matter and the fight with each other about the way that each of you responded to that meaningless argument.

    It's not all doom and gloom. My wife is the greatest person in the world 99% of the time. The other 1%? Worst person ever. I don't pretend to think that my numbers are anywhere near that good, but that 1% takes a long time to accept. I'm not sure how old you are, but I recommend sticking to dogs until you're (at least) 30 as adding kids to the mix does not help. I love my kids and think everyone should experience that, but you want to have everything (your relationship, your job, your home) in order before make things that much more complicated.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DC

    DC Shake n Bake

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    5,546
    Well for one im screwed. If it's less after marriage,see as how she won't do that til after marriage :(. Lol there goes all my fun.

    I'm 21 btw. Will be 22 by marriage time, almost 23
     
  10. Brogowicz

    Brogowicz Walk On

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1,334
    Wait on kids, but ignore most of the rest of what I said. If she's waiting, I would expect a different experience for you after the wedding. While I can't relate to that, I think that "good things come to those who wait" is written all over this for you.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DC

    DC Shake n Bake

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    5,546
    I sure hope so. Thanks for the advice it is much appreciated
     
  12. DC

    DC Shake n Bake

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    5,546
    I got stuck with an overtime day. On Thursday. Which means I work Tuesday Thursday fri sat Sunday.

    I will be able to get CPU games done. But user games are virtually impossible with this many days of work. O don't think I has any that will coincide with this long week.


    Unfortunately, the reason I'm gettin over time days is because we had guys quit and they are filling them with us. So this could happen fr awhile of they don't hire some new people :/
     

Share This Page